Point to ponder over Omegas

Old October 16th 03, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Imber

Default Point to ponder over Omegas

Well they are being dropped soon so what is going to become the new large
cheap barge tow car?

It is worse for me because I do not get along with FWD at all - I have had
RWD cars since the early 90's

(Motor Bikes before then - I'm not that old!!!!)

Old October 17th 03, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rambler

i've got a 99 t plate 2.5 v6 cdx estate , alot of car for the money.
Recently considered changing but have struggled to find a large estate with
similar kerbweights . for example looked at volvo v70 2.5 diesel , lovely
car but kerbweight only 1440 approx where as omega 1723. plenty for my twin
axle . the only other estates that seem to have this weight are the bmw's
and mercs which are obviously significantly more expensive. It looks like i
will have to have another omega or move to 4x4's

malcolm

--
Malcolm Hart

Old October 17th 03, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

Martin Imber wrote in message
Well they are being dropped soon so what is going to become the new large
cheap barge tow car?

It is worse for me because I do not get along with FWD at all - I have had
RWD cars since the early 90's

(Motor Bikes before then - I'm not that old!!!!)

I've got the 2.5V6 Automatic. Definitely the best towcar I've ever had.
I, too, prefer rear wheel drive and when looking for a replacement was
disappointed to find only BMWs and Merc's fitted the bill.
Both these marques are renown for reliability and solid build quality.
Unfortunately, they also hold their price very well.
So, when I come to change, I think it'll be the newest Omega I can afford
and hang on to it as long as I can in the hope I can afford to go the BMW,
Merc' route next time.

Graham

---

Old October 18th 03, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

"Rambler" wrote in message
i've got a 99 t plate 2.5 v6 cdx estate , alot of car for the money.
Recently considered changing but have struggled to find a large estate

with
similar kerbweights . for example looked at volvo v70 2.5 diesel , lovely
car but kerbweight only 1440 approx where as omega 1723. plenty for my

twin
axle . the only other estates that seem to have this weight are the bmw's
and mercs which are obviously significantly more expensive. It looks like

will have to have another omega or move to 4x4's

malcolm

Or get a second-hand Merc - properly serviced, they go on for ever. And
they are great tow-cars (I have a 1994 E220 auto estate, huge car, tows
well, 140k on the clock - nothing wrong at the last service).