Mitsubishi Pajero

Old October 17th 03, 06:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken Fraser

Default Mitsubishi Pajero

Hello
we are thinking about trading my wife's Daewoo Matiz for a second hand
Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TDi automatic we have seen. Any views? It should be
able to tow our Bailey 510/4L (and before you mention, no, we don't intend
to use the Daewoo to tow!). We are new to caravanning - is an auto okay for
the job?
Regards
Ken

Old October 17th 03, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
em

"Ken Fraser" wrote in message
Hello
we are thinking about trading my wife's Daewoo Matiz for a second hand
Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TDi automatic we have seen. Any views? It should be
able to tow our Bailey 510/4L (and before you mention, no, we don't intend
to use the Daewoo to tow!). We are new to caravanning - is an auto okay

for
the job?
Regards
Ken

Automatics generally need an oil cooler fitted. Watch your oil temperature
when towing uphill to see if your oil boils.

Old October 17th 03, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Griffith

We have a Pajero, and it pulls pretty much any thing that you can throw at
it. Had no problems with cooling even with temps in the 40's this year in
France. There is a big difference in performance between the 2.5 and the
2.8, which is why the 2.5 seems to be cheaper.

Old October 17th 03, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

"em" wrote in message
"Ken Fraser" wrote in message
Hello
we are thinking about trading my wife's Daewoo Matiz for a second hand
Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TDi automatic we have seen. Any views? It should be
able to tow our Bailey 510/4L (and before you mention, no, we don't

intend
to use the Daewoo to tow!). We are new to caravanning - is an auto okay

for
the job?
Regards
Ken

Automatics generally need an oil cooler fitted. Watch your oil temperature
when towing uphill to see if your oil boils.

Do a search on the web for 'Pajero Owners Club' a lot of useful info
there, sorry carn't remember the URL.

Lenny

Old October 17th 03, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

If you can, go for the 2.8td, the 2.5 is under powered compared to the 2.8
but will do the job with no trouble at all. You will not need to cool the
auto gearbox fluid at all doesn't matter what you tow (Bomb Proof) the only
thing I would suggest change the engine every 4.500 miles and use good
engine flush. stay well clear of the petrol engines.

Chuck

Old October 17th 03, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:16:38 +0100, "Chuck"
wrote:

the only
thing I would suggest change the engine every 4.500 miles

Wow..... might be expensive.....
Simon (couldn't resist it, sorry!)

Old October 17th 03, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
stuart

Pajero owners club link
http://www.pocuk.com

Old October 18th 03, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Nothing detrimental to the excellent Mitsubishi product, but no-one told them
that Pajero is Spanish for ******.

Cheers, Peter.

"stuart" stuart2512 (at) bun.com wrote in message
: Pajero owners club link
: http://www.pocuk.com
:
:
: ...
:

Old October 18th 03, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

I think you will find Sue, it is quite the opposite

Chuck

wrote in message

Ken Fraser wrote:

Hello
we are thinking about trading my wife's Daewoo Matiz for a second hand
Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5TDi automatic we have seen. Any views? It should be
able to tow our Bailey 510/4L (and before you mention, no, we don't

intend
to use the Daewoo to tow!). We are new to caravanning - is an auto okay

for
the job?
Regards
Ken

If its a grey import have the emissions checked by an MOT station before
buying, some models with jap spec engine systems fail the emissions test
and need large sums spent to pass according to my pet MOT tester.

Niel.