Freedom Fares

Old October 17th 03, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Default Freedom Fares

P&O website confusing as usual. Tried to book for 2004 online but kept
showing 'error on page'. Telephoned them and was told it should be 132 when
booked online. Still couldn't get a quote. Then they sent me an email
quoting 153.
Called Caravan Club who did it for 128. Dover-Calais, 7am out in May,
9.30am back in July.
Eurotunnel wanted 350.
DaveK.

Old October 17th 03, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

"DaveK" muttered about the frustrations of P&O.
P&O website confusing as usual. Tried to book for 2004 online but kept
showing 'error on page'. Telephoned them and was told it should be 132

when
booked online. Still couldn't get a quote. Then they sent me an email
quoting 153.
Called Caravan Club who did it for 128. Dover-Calais, 7am out in May,
9.30am back in July.
Eurotunnel wanted 350.
DaveK.

---***---
Dave, just found the same thing. When I logged in for Freedom fares I kept
getting "Fares don't exist (005)" in a red box. Phoned up, and low and
behold there's a "problem on the web-site". I was told that I could still
access Freedom Fares by NOT logging on, or the lady could take my booking on
the 'phone. So I let her sort it out and got comparisons of different times
of travel and confirmation of the 'Caravans go Free' status . She did it
all and gave me the booking ref. no. Cost was 143, but returning at
12.30pm. instead of 9.30.

Looks as though the CC are still pretty competetive.

Oh ,I tried the web-site later, not logging in, and YES the Freedom Fares
were available! Crazy.

Cheers, Doc.

Old October 17th 03, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

Hi Dave we have just booked through the Caravan Club because P&O's website
was a pain. Dover to Calais 8th July 2004 7.00am return 29th 8.45am the cost
is 136.00.

Chuck

Old October 17th 03, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Eric Clarke

You did well to get a quote from the Chunnel. I went in person to the Dover
office in the terminal and the outcome was the Scottish lady at the desk
agreed I should go P&O. When I wrote they said they were hard up and fares
would be high. I ask you!!!
Eric