Caravan Show at Malvern Three Counties showground

Old October 17th 03, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Imber

Default Caravan Show at Malvern Three Counties showground

Has anyone been to this show which started today, is it worth going to, we
are new to caravanning this year.

Old October 17th 03, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

"Martin Imber" wrote in message
Has anyone been to this show which started today, is it worth going to, we
are new to caravanning this year.

I'd also be grateful for input on this - do they show ALL makes - or should
I wait for Earls Court - looking for a new 5/6 berth this year.
Thanks in anticipation
Phil

Old October 19th 03, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Imber

Phil, I asked about the Three Counties caravan show and you also asked about
makes etc. We went on Sunday afternoon, 4.00 each to get in, children
under 18 free, they show a good range of makes of caravans Bailey, Swift,
Bessacar, Swift, Fleetwood, Avondale, Lunar. There are a good range of
varities of berths and all open to look round, there are trade stands
selling clothes etc, and a separate area with food, drinks and everything
for inside the caravan, from spotlights to plates, ideal if you are looking
to buy a caravan as there are all the sales staff there and everything you
need to fill a caravan, quite a few awnings as well.

Old October 19th 03, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

But remember that it's just a dealer show organised and run by Golden Castle
Caravans.

Earls Court will have all manufacturers represented including those at
Malvern.

That said, I'm just back from Malvern and think it's quite a good little
show despite the fact that there seemed to be less trade stands this year.

p.s. enjoy your new van.

Bob.

Old October 19th 03, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

"Martin Imber" wrote in message
Phil, I asked about the Three Counties caravan show and you also asked

about
makes etc. We went on Sunday afternoon, 4.00 each to get in, children
under 18 free, they show a good range of makes of caravans Bailey, Swift,
Bessacar, Swift, Fleetwood, Avondale, Lunar. There are a good range of
varities of berths and all open to look round, there are trade stands
selling clothes etc, and a separate area with food, drinks and everything
for inside the caravan, from spotlights to plates, ideal if you are

looking
to buy a caravan as there are all the sales staff there and everything you
need to fill a caravan, quite a few awnings as well.

Thanks - I plan to go on Tuesday - I can always go to Ealrs Court as well
later - if there's a need - but it sounds like all the big ones are there.
Thanks
Phil

Old October 19th 03, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Thanks - I plan to go on Tuesday - I can always go to Ealrs Court as well
later - if there's a need - but it sounds like all the big ones are there.
Thanks
Phil

I stopped going to shows a years ago. Earls Court is a disaster. Old crumbly
place, same gear you can find in any large dealers,. In congested, filthy,
overpriced, 'cosmopolitan' London. They want you to buy, and yet charge you
to wander around their market place.
Mind you I feel the same about the Motor Show. There's plenty of showrooms
near here if I want to look at new cars.
Three Irishmen went to the NEC for the Motor Show and spent four hours
looking around the car park.
DaveK.

Old October 21st 03, 06:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

"DaveK" wrote in message

I stopped going to shows a years ago. Earls Court is a disaster. Old

crumbly
place, same gear you can find in any large dealers,. In congested, filthy,
overpriced, 'cosmopolitan' London. They want you to buy, and yet charge

you
to wander around their market place.
Mind you I feel the same about the Motor Show. There's plenty of showrooms
near here if I want to look at new cars.
DaveK.

when you live down here in Cornwall though - its three hours to the nearest
dealer of any size ! I haven't been to a caravan show before (going
today!) - but feel its a chance to see the different makes under one roof -
and therefore no time to forget the subtleties of each driving betwixt
dealers! Worth a go just this once anyway!
Phil