Channel Crossing advice needed please

Old July 10th 03, 06:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

Default Channel Crossing advice needed please

wrote in message
.com...
Thanks for all the replies, I tried P+O main site 359 return and
includes 30 meal voucher
Ferry.co.uk 205 return
Bob, sorry I was a bit obtuse, I'm starting from Cambridge.

Thanks agian.
Alan

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 19:34:25 GMT, wrote:

This is my 2nd outing with a van ( Bailey Ranger + Kia Sedona ) , we
are going to the Spa Circuit in Belgium to support my son who will be
racing his Caterham 28/29 August.

I have been told to go Dover Calais for Belgium, is it easier that way

I have tried web sites for booking and haven't seen a reference to
Cars + Caravans prices for ferry tickets, any rough guides to prices?

Are their any legal req for Europe regarding what you need to carry,
First Aid etc.

No need for site advice we should be in the paddock

Also we will have Nissan Navarra towing the trailer with the Caterham
on.

Any advice would be a great help if only to confirm what the wife
says, (she knows everything )

Alan

Cambridge

Ask P&O which sailings give the Free van option. You will need both outward
and return. Your price still sounds high to me, but I wonder which sailing
times you have opted for. Alternatively you can go to the P&O web site and
insert a number of time and dates and you will discover which are cheapest.
I think the last "van free" sailing is about 08.00 or 09.00 and return
sailings up to about 12.00.

The extra distance from Calais along the coast is more than made up by the
shorter sailing time.

I assume you go up the coast to Dunkirk and then inland via Lille.