OT, has anyone else lost NTL email.

Old October 17th 03, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

Default OT, has anyone else lost NTL email.

I have been unable to connect to my NTL email accounts for the last 24
hours, although another pop 3 account works normaly. Has anyone else got
the same trouble, or is it just me? (I am in Southern England).

Barleycorn

Old October 17th 03, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DC

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
I have been unable to connect to my NTL email accounts for the last 24
hours, although another pop 3 account works normaly. Has anyone else got
the same trouble, or is it just me? (I am in Southern England).

Barleycorn

Hi Barleycorn

I've been having problems with NTL mail and newservers for a while now

After 45 mins waiting for CS to respond they got told what I thought of
their deteriorating service

CS bod very apologetic , but still didn't make any promises , just as well I
don't use them for important mail

Good luck

DeeSee

Old October 17th 03, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
I have been unable to connect to my NTL email accounts for the last 24
hours, although another pop 3 account works normaly. Has anyone else got
the same trouble, or is it just me? (I am in Southern England).

Barleycorn

I am with NTL in the Portsmouth area and am having no trouble at all.

Regards.

Dave Dew.

Old October 17th 03, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MJG

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
I have been unable to connect to my NTL email accounts for the last 24
hours, although another pop 3 account works normaly. Has anyone else got
the same trouble, or is it just me? (I am in Southern England).

Barleycorn

No probs here in East Cleveland either.

IMHO NTL have the edge in consistency of service provision over all the
ISP's I have tried over the last ten years.

All of them lose there mail/news/http servers at some point, NTL just seem
to do it less often.

--
MJG

Take THEDOG out to email me.

Old October 18th 03, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nomad

I have also been having problem. A couple of weeks ago the service was
unusable, it then got better but I am still getting problems in peak
periods. They have advised they are having problems with viruses causing
overloading of servers and they are also doing server upgrades. If it does
not improve shortly I am going elsewhere.

Nomad

Old October 18th 03, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jo

No probs with Mail -- but probs downloading news groups --
Northampton/Kettering

--
(All Incoming and Outgoing Emails Scanned With Norton Antivirus 2003)

Old October 18th 03, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"Nomad" wrote in message
I have also been having problem. A couple of weeks ago the service was
unusable, it then got better but I am still getting problems in peak
periods. They have advised they are having problems with viruses causing
overloading of servers and they are also doing server upgrades. If it does
not improve shortly I am going elsewhere.

Nomad
"Barleycorn" wrote in message
I have been unable to connect to my NTL email accounts for the last 24
hours, although another pop 3 account works normaly. Has anyone else

got
the same trouble, or is it just me? (I am in Southern England).

Barleycorn

Why not post a question in your NTL support news group

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl...upport.dial-up
or if your broadband
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl...rt.cablemodems ?
Where the NTL technical staff deal with this kind of query. You have posted
on a caravanning group. If you dont get anywhere with this try a search on
Google Groups, best of luck, remember buy Blitish.
Mike

Old October 18th 03, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Mike" wrote in message
Why not post a question in your NTL support news group
Mike

Mike,

Very many thanks for that. I did not know such a newsgroup existed.
I am sure it will prove very useful.
It's amazing the information one can pick up on a caravan newsgroup
when someone goes off topic.

Regards.

Dave Dew.

Old October 18th 03, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

Thanks for all the replies, it seems that I am not alone in experiencing
difficulties with NTL. To add insult to injury their technical helpline is
only open Monday to Friday 9 - 4.30!!!

Still haven't got my emails, some important ones missing, too. Thinking
about giving Tesco a try!

Barleycorn.