Sorry another stupid question from me!

Old October 18th 03, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
alex.haden

Default Sorry another stupid question from me!

Just had my towbar fitted.....
The Buzzing Relay thing that lets you know the indicators are working,
should only Buzz when you are using the caravan? (I hope so, as its
deathly silent at the moment with nothing attached, and id hate to go
pickup my van and find out its not working as it should!)

Old October 18th 03, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

"alex.haden" wrote in message
Just had my towbar fitted.....
The Buzzing Relay thing that lets you know the indicators are working,
should only Buzz when you are using the caravan?

That's correct. I have a neat pair of additional green arrows that only
flash when I'm connected.(instead of a buzz).

Harry

Old October 18th 03, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

alex.haden tried to scribble ...

Just had my towbar fitted.....
The Buzzing Relay thing that lets you know the indicators are working,
should only Buzz when you are using the caravan? (I hope so, as its
deathly silent at the moment with nothing attached, and id hate to go
pickup my van and find out its not working as it should!)

Yup, it's working fine ..

Get a Landrover - No buzzing, just a neat green light in the shape of a
trailer, that illuminates during indication, when the towing socket is being
used ..

--
Digweed
'79 Beamish RL 250, '85 Swift Corvette,

Old October 18th 03, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TiredofFools

Default The Caravanner's Prayer.....

"alex.haden" wrote in message
Just had my towbar fitted.....
The Buzzing Relay thing that lets you know the indicators are working,
should only Buzz when you are using the caravan? (I hope so, as its
deathly silent at the moment with nothing attached, and id hate to go
pickup my van and find out its not working as it should!)

_________

Prayer #1: 'Spare us, O Lord, from the foolish dribble of Trolls, who ask
self evident questions solely in the hope of provoking a response.

Prayer #2: Save us, we beseech Thee, from the inanity of people like
Harry-Know-It-All, who know that the thread is troll bait - but who are so
in love with the sound of their own virtual voices that they cannot resist
posting a response. Confound their idiocy and glue their keyboards with
spilt coffee, we implore Thee'

Old October 19th 03, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

"TiredofFools" wrote in message
Prayer #2: Save us, we beseech Thee, from the inanity of people like
Harry-Know-It-All, who know that the thread is troll bait - but who are so
in love with the sound of their own virtual voices that they cannot resist
posting a response. Confound their idiocy and glue their keyboards with
spilt coffee, we implore Thee'

Hey you why pick me out, there are loads of Know-it-alls on here. Don't be
so selective.
The only thing that gets spilt on my keyboard is the occasional drop of
amber necture.

Harry

Old October 19th 03, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Why couldn't you just confirm his suspicions without letting us know how
intolerant you are of people who do not know and ask for help so that they can
know. You only let us know what a bore you are.

Cheers, Peter.

"TiredofFools" wrote in message
:
: ...
: _________
:

Old October 19th 03, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:58:12 +0100, "Mike John" wrote:

It should only buzz when the van is connected and the indicators working.
This must be one of the daftest pieces of legislation ever, having a
warning device that tells you something is working! Personally I hate the
buzzers and have always installed a warning light instead. Some people will
say the buzzer is a requirement - it is not - a visual or audible warning
is a requirement.

Was that an HTML post? something odd happened with the quite system :-(

Not as daft as it seems, after 35+ years towing, I have had about ten
times as many problems with Trailer lights as car running lights.

Dave F
Old October 19th 03, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

"Peter Milnes" wrote in message

"TiredofFools" wrote in message
:
: "alex.haden" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

I can see both sides! I hope we are all tolerant of people who ask genuine
questions when they need help with something which they are unable to solve
on their own.

In the case of the question relating to the buzzer, I'm not sure whether it
was a troll - or just incredibly dumb! It should'nt have taken much thought
to have worked out that if the buzzer buzzes *without* the caravan
connected, it will also buzz *with* the caravan connected - even if the
caravan lights are not flashing - thus defeating the object of the thing!

Maybe we should simply pray for people to apply a bit of brainpower before
asking dumb questions.

Roger