Tyre repair kits

Old October 19th 03, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ben Franklin

Default Tyre repair kits

Old October 20th 03, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
riccip

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Which might seem to indicate that these kits are legal.... Perhaps a
better way of providing a get-you-home repair, than the aerosol kits
full of the sticky gunge, which once used makes the tyre irreparable.

Not actually true. Those lying scoundrels at "Slow-Fit" will tell
you that in order to sell you a new tyre, in much the same way as
they always inform you your shock absorbers are shot. Or your
brake discs are "warped", or your catalytic converter is emitting
dangerous radiation. Find a more honest local tyre fitter and
they will quickly remove the gunge using nothing more than a tank
of water.
Old October 21st 03, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

"Des" wrote in message
Could it have been Harry Bloomfield who typed:

:: In article , "Ben
:: Franklin" ben dot says...
:: |I've noticed that Honda supply a repair kit for their Accord
:: Tourer in lieu |of a spare wheel.
:: |
:: |
:: |
::
:: Which might seem to indicate that these kits are legal.... Perhaps a
:: better way of providing a get-you-home repair, than the aerosol kits
:: full of the sticky gunge, which once used makes the tyre
:: irreparable.
::
A lot of manufacturers now supply these kits in lieu of a spare tyre,

first,
it was your car had alloys, make the spare a steel, then it was fit a
spacesaver rim the boot is now to small for the alloys, now it's give

them
an aerosol, do I sense saving pennies having anything to do with it!!

I went out to a wee Fiat the other day to change to change a tyre, it had

spacesaver and the alloy wouldn't fit in the boot!

Des

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

They are not tyre repair kits - whatever they say. As a result of the last
two punctures I had the tyres were not repairable as the nails had either
gone through the side wall or near it. When using the "repair kit" or
better named "get me to the next garage kit" travelling at any speed over
fifty m.p.h. is to court disaster. These kits are not spare wheels.