Propane & Butane

Old October 19th 03, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Glenn

Default Propane & Butane

Hi All

This is the first year with my caravan and I want to use propane for the
autumn when the butane wont work, when I picked up the gas and pipe and a 3
way connector the guy said to me I need to replace the whole hose through
out the caravan because of the pressure. Now I thought the only hose was
from the cylinder to the bulkhead am I correct in saying this, also the bar
on both regulators is 1bar so can't see why you would need to do it.

What do the rest of you do

Thanks

Glenn

Old October 19th 03, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

Agreed
The only hose is from the reg to the pipework that comes in to the gas box

Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad
...... but it helps

"henry partridge" wrote in message
Change the reg. Keep the hose. Ignore the sill guy, he's dreaming

---

Old October 27th 03, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:47:21 +0100, "Glenn"
wrote:

This is the first year with my caravan and I want to use propane for the
autumn when the butane wont work, when I picked up the gas and pipe and a 3
way connector the guy said to me I need to replace the whole hose through
out the caravan because of the pressure. Now I thought the only hose was
from the cylinder to the bulkhead am I correct in saying this, also the bar
on both regulators is 1bar so can't see why you would need to do it.

What do the rest of you do

Find a different dealer, your caravan is designed to work on either
propane or on Butane at their respective pressures, the only thing you
need to change to be able to use propane is the regulator.

(remove the spam to reply)