Best way to sell a caravan?

Old July 10th 03, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Kezza

Default Best way to sell a caravan?

Sorry to jump into the group without lurking but was wondering if someone
could give me some advice?!

Basically, I'm a non-caravanner who bought an old but good condition Viking
Fibreline 2 berth caravan a couple of years ago. It was bought mainly to
just sit on the drive down the side of the house and was used only as
somewhere for guests to stay. Wife and I have now decided we'd rather have
out drive back but haven't a clue how you go about selling a caravan, the
best (online preferably) place to advertise and how much we'd need to ask.

The caravan is still basically sound but will need some work (I'm guessing
nothing major). Is there a market for this sort of thing? Anyone able to
advise?

Many thanks

---

Old July 10th 03, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

Kezza wrote in message
Sorry to jump into the group without lurking but was wondering if someone
could give me some advice?!

The caravan is still basically sound but will need some work (I'm guessing
nothing major). Is there a market for this sort of thing? Anyone able to
advise?

If the van is a bit ropey (no offence meant), stick it on e-bay. You could
look through whats on there now and see what kind of money people are
offering. This will give you some idea of what you are likely to get for it.

Bill

Old July 10th 03, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Kezza

"Bill" wrote in message

Kezza wrote in message
Sorry to jump into the group without lurking but was wondering if

someone
could give me some advice?!

The caravan is still basically sound but will need some work (I'm

guessing
nothing major). Is there a market for this sort of thing? Anyone able to
advise?

If the van is a bit ropey (no offence meant), stick it on e-bay. You

could
look through whats on there now and see what kind of money people are
offering. This will give you some idea of what you are likely to get for

it.

Bill

Cheers - will take a look. One of my main concerns is whether the caravan is
still road-worthy - I've no real way of testing it fully and worry that
someone might travel (to dorset) to collect and find it aint going anywhere
without some work!

---

Old August 4th 03, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Elizabeth Hall

Advertise it honestly in your local free paper. People will not have to
travel far to see it and be realistic in the price you are asking if you
really want to sell it. We put ours in, although it was immaculate it was
old and we asked 650 (Sprite 1982) and first to see bought for 600 and
was thrilled. It was 10 o'clock at night and we said wouldn't you like to
see it in daylight! We had hundreds of calls lasting a month and everyone
was so disappointed we could not believe it. Not everyone wants to pay a
lot of money for a van or could afford to do so.
Liz