Prices ..

Old October 20th 03, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T i m

Default Prices ..

Hi learned folks of the list,

I just phoned a local 'Caravan / trailer' shop for a price on a screw
on Butane reg (90X type bottles) and some hose.

I was told "8 pound for the reg and £2.95/m for the hose? (I was
charged £3.50 / m recently at another local Gas Service Centre?)

Now flicking through the catalogue from a well known supplier in the
Midlands (who seem to know how to Tow that's for Sure g), have the
regs at £4.95 and the hose (as mentioned here before) at £1.49 / m?
For what I need even with the £4.95 delivery charge (versus my diesel
costs to collect locally) it will probably still work out cheaper mail
order? And you can't say that TS don't have any overheads (with their
great big stores / staff to pay for) ...unlike just a mail order /
web based place might have?

So, are all bits created equal here .. should I assume that *any* hose
supplied for LPG use will be *safe* and can assume it will comply with
any current regulations?

I doesn't matter if it won't last 20 years as should change hose every
5 or so (shouldn't we?)

All the best ...

T i m

Old October 20th 03, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

I should check previous postings re this 'certain well known supplier'.
General opinion seems to be that they're good and cheap if you pick stuff
up, but their after sales and mail order service is a bit dodgy.

Barleycorn.

Old October 20th 03, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob

gas hose should be produced to a British Standard and if the hose you buy is
compliant the BS number will be printed on the hose.

---

Old October 20th 03, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:46:55 GMT, "Barleycorn"
wrote:

is a bit dodgy

Naaaaaaa it is much worse than that.