Draining Off - Timely reminder

Old October 20th 03, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob

Default Draining Off - Timely reminder

With the colder weather expected this week this is just to remind you all to
drain off the water and toilet systems, not forgetting to remove the water
filter cartridge which can crack around the screw threads if left in place.
Up here in Cumbria we are expecting minus 5 to 6 over the next couple of
days.

---

Old October 20th 03, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:27:13 +0100, "Rob"
wrote:

| With the colder weather expected this week this is just to remind you all to
| drain off the water and toilet systems, not forgetting to remove the water
| filter cartridge which can crack around the screw threads if left in place.
| Up here in Cumbria we are expecting minus 5 to 6 over the next couple of
| days.

Unless you can keep the van aired with some heating.

Dave F

Old October 20th 03, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DC

TA MUCHLY

Thanks for the reminder

Old October 20th 03, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

I'm just gearing up to go out with the van not mothballing it
Get some of the best fishing in once there has been a frost

Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad
...... but it helps

Old October 21st 03, 05:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

We will be still going to ours upto 2nd Jan but will have to drainoff every
sunday night before we travel home

Old October 21st 03, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

I always drain down the systems for any journey
I thought you were on about laying up for the winter

Old October 21st 03, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

Rob wrote:
With the colder weather expected this week this is just to remind you
all to drain off the water and toilet systems, not forgetting to
remove the water filter cartridge which can crack around the screw
threads if left in place. Up here in Cumbria we are expecting minus 5
to 6 over the next couple of days.

And don't forget to leave the taps and shower head 'open' so that residual
water drains out of them as well. I had to replace the 'spout' off my Whale
kitchen taps after forgetting to do this one year! (The price Whale charges
for simple plastic mouldings is extortionate as well!)

Kev

Old October 21st 03, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

i drain off before toring - but for weekend use at the seasonal pitch we
only drain off during autum winter etc

Old October 21st 03, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Rob" wrote in message
With the colder weather expected this week this is just to remind you all

drain off the water and toilet systems, not forgetting to remove the water
filter cartridge which can crack around the screw threads if left in

place.
Up here in Cumbria we are expecting minus 5 to 6 over the next couple of
days.

---

This is a first for me ..... this is what I have done.

1. Opened small drain plug (top) re water heater
2. Removed large drain plug (at base) for the same ... and have left it out.
3. Removed the blue carver crystal water filter
4. Left all hot and cold taps and shower head open
5. Drained toilet flush water

Is that about it? ...... cheers ...... Richard

---

Old October 21st 03, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

Richard sounds about right for Carver systems
I used to have one and what I used to do after removing the filter is fit
the top part (the clear plastic bit with the threads on) back on to prevent
creepy-crawlies getting in to hide for the winter. Used an old used up
filter
BUT then I used to get re-fills for the filters too a lot cheaper than a new
carver unit every 30 days of use