Sites in the Black Forest

Old October 20th 03, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

Default Sites in the Black Forest

Hi Group its me again. We are now looking at some sites in or near the Black
Forest can anyone recommend a good site with something for the kids 7 and
10.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

Old October 20th 03, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
"Chuck" wrote in message
Hi Group its me again. We are now looking at some sites in or near the

Black
Forest can anyone recommend a good site with something for the kids 7 and
10.

Chuck

We stayed at Camping Belchenblick at Staufen im Breisgau some years ago.
Lovely situation within walking distance of the very picturesque village of
Staufen. The site did have an indoor swimming pool and some play equipment
(table tennis). There is also a public swimming pool a couple of hundred
yards from the site entrance.You do appreciate that German campsites tend to
have rather strict rules (now there is a surprise!) They tend not to allow
vehicle movement in and out of the site between 12 noon and 3.00pm this also
tends to be a quiet time as well. I have only stayed at 5 German sites in
total so they may not be representative but from my experience only one came
up French sites in the provision of entertainment and even that site was
Dutch owned! Doc has recently been to Germany, maybe he can provide a bit
more info.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old October 21st 03, 06:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nomad

Camping Kirchzarten near Freiburg would suit you. Belchenblick might be a
little cramped with a couple of kids. Kirchzarten is a larger site and much
more for kids to do there. Next door is the local bicycle hire shop and a
large swimming pool complex. The pool is free to campers. It is a short walk
into Kirchzarten and there are plenty of cycleways to hand.
Nomad

Old October 21st 03, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

"klyne" responded to "Chuck" who muttered:
[...]

----****----
I'm afraid I tended to stay at smaller, quiet sites, without pool facilities
etc. so not quite what you'd want with your kids.

However I did stay at a nice smallish site at Waldshut, on the Danube
opposite Switzerland, and there was river swimming there. I went to look at
one site on Shlussee (next along from Tittersee) which was far too big and
busy for me, (and full!) but might be OK for kids, if you don't mind crowds.
Some of the ones on Tittersee are OK, I've been told, but no first hand
experience, as many were also full, when I went last August.

You might have a look at http://www.tiscover.de for German sites and info.
plus I actually bought the German ADAC camping guide this year (both North
and South sections!) so I could have a look in there if you come up with
anything specific. However, be aware that on some of the more popular
German sites, it can end up being VERY crowded with barely 6-10' between
outfits!!. Doesn't seem to bother them, but it certainly bothered me, and
what would happen in the event of fire I shudder to think. You often pay
for metered electricity, and site fees can be high, certainly when compared
to France.

Oh one other point; there seems to be a very well organised system of
cycling paths in the Black Forest, so don't forget the bikes!!

Cheers, Doc.

Old October 21st 03, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:04:37 +0100, "Doc" wrote:

[...]

From memerory there are 2 or 3 sites around the end of the lake at
Tittersee, we stay at one of them a few years ago. German sites tend
to be of 'a standard' not much to choose between them ccasional you
will find one with a pool but not much in the way of kids facilities,
the Tittersee sites are fairly close to the municipal pool in
Tittersee, & its a good area to be based in.

Lenny
Old October 21st 03, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

Thanks for all your replies we should be able to find a good site from your
links. http://www.camping-kirchzarten.de looks something like what we are
looking for only if I could read German.

Best Wishes and thanks again, hope I can return the favour someday.

Chuck

Old October 21st 03, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:01:07 +0100, "Chuck"
wrote:

Thanks for all your replies we should be able to find a good site from your
links. http://www.camping-kirchzarten.de looks something like what we are
looking for only if I could read German.

Best Wishes and thanks again, hope I can return the favour someday.

Chuck

You don't need to read German just use one of the any web translators
such as: http://babel.altavista.com/tr

Lenny

Old October 22nd 03, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Chuck" wrote in message
Hi Group its me again. We are now looking at some sites in or near the

Black
Forest can anyone recommend a good site with something for the kids 7 and
10.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

We've used a number of sites in the Black Forest. We prefer the quieter
sites, but do have kids to amuse.

The recent favourites have been:

Camping Langenwald, outside Freudenstadt. This is some way out of the
attractive town, in a forest clearing, but is on a network of bike and
walking tracks which lead in all directions, including into town. There is a
(smallish) swimming pool on site, along with table tennis etc. and a short
way down the track to Freudenstadt is the town's large open air swimming
pool cum Lido.

Camping Steingrubenhof outside St Peter (Freiburg area). This is a
particular favourite of ours, as it's setting is good (countryside with
terraced pitches), and the facilities are excellent. Though home to a number
of seasonal vans, they don't dominate, and it was relatively quiet, even in
August. St Peter is walking distance away with all the services you need,
and the walking in the immediate vicinity is varied and very
attractive.(much more open views than many parts of the Black Forest).There
is a Gasthof at the site entrance (saves walking to town) with huge outdoor
terrace, and good value meals - very family friendly. Less to do on-site for
the kids, but in my memory there is a swimming pool etc. in St Peter. We had
used as a transit site once, and liked the area, so we called in again last
year to find the whole place had had a makeover. Much enjoyed.

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00