Lollipops for caravans

Old October 21st 03, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

Default Lollipops for caravans

About thirty years ago when driving to the Munich Bierfest, I remember
noticing that a lot of Continental trailors had strange, lollipop like
devices fitted to a position close by, but not touching the inside face of
each of their trailor tyres, close to the ground. After a few litres of
lager it dawned on me that they were deflated tyre/puncture detectors. Does
anyone know whether any such devices are available for caravans?

Cheers Paul

Old October 21st 03, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
S P O N I X

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:36:10 +0100, "ZZhivago"
wrote:

Lollipops for caravans

Sounds like a fair swap. I'll give you a whole box of Chupa-Chups for
your van.

sPoNiX
Old October 21st 03, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

a lot of Continental trailors had strange, lollipop like
devices fitted to a position close by, but not touching the inside face of
each of their trailor tyres, close to the ground.

That brings back memories, havn't seen them for years. I understood they
were to detect objects such as bricks which might get jammed between the
tyres of twin wheel outfits. More of a cost saving device than deflation
detector, what with the expense of replacing hgv tyres an' all.
DaveK.

Old October 21st 03, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ed

wrote:

About thirty years ago when driving to the Munich Bierfest, I remember
noticing that a lot of Continental trailors had strange, lollipop like
devices fitted to a position close by, but not touching the inside face of
each of their trailor tyres, close to the ground. After a few litres of
lager it dawned on me that they were deflated tyre/puncture detectors. Does
anyone know whether any such devices are available for caravans?

Cheers Paul

With my set up The top of the windows lines up with top of the rear
door on the Disco. A quick check every now and again or when I feel
there may be a problem.
Sorted.

Ed

Old October 21st 03, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

news
wrote:

About thirty years ago when driving to the Munich Bierfest, I remember
noticing that a lot of Continental trailors had strange, lollipop like
devices fitted to a position close by, but not touching the inside face

of
each of their trailor tyres, close to the ground. After a few litres of
lager it dawned on me that they were deflated tyre/puncture detectors.

Does
anyone know whether any such devices are available for caravans?

Cheers Paul

With my set up The top of the windows lines up with top of the rear
door on the Disco. A quick check every now and again or when I feel
there may be a problem.
Sorted.

Ed

I have placed some electrical tape on my rear window at either side. This
lines up with window cleats when van is level and acts as a distance guide
when reversing.