Flookbrough - british holidays site

Old October 21st 03, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

Default Flookbrough - british holidays site

Hi

Just returned from a very wet water logged site...

Ended up taking the awning down because the grass was so long when we
arrived it just started smelling...filled a report form to say 2 out of

the
4 main and only site lights were broken - 2 weeks later still not fixed.

When the grass was cut - it was cut in the rain and so its taken me 4

hours
to valet my car...i have never known a site so bad..

Regards

John Stott

---

Old October 21st 03, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Helgina Koosmaen

Hello.

"Seroxat Mad" wrote in news:Xnalb.13824
:

Just returned from a very wet water logged site...

Ended up taking the awning down because the grass was so long when we
arrived it just started smelling...filled a report form to say 2 out
of the 4 main and only site lights were broken - 2 weeks later still
not fixed.

I went there and stayed in a caravan for a week before I got my camper -
I wasn't overly impressed with the site.

It was high season and the shop seemed half stocked, the club was un-
impressive and there was little for a 'mature' daughter and mother to do.

The site was very water logged when we stayed - seemed to be boggy grass
and huge pools on the roadways too.

I have to admit the staff were okay though - not miserable jobsworths
like I've seen at some sites owned by British Holidays.

Seems a good site to go elsewhere and explore but not a place to do
things on the site.

When the grass was cut - it was cut in the rain and so its taken me 4
hours to valet my car...i have never known a site so bad..

Always seems the grass is cut on the worst days.

One thing I remember about the place was the garage just up the road - we
had car problems - alternator was thought to have failed - but it was
just the thick cable connector had broken. The owner (Denny?) was spot
on, towed the car to his lockup, repaired the connection and drove it
back and charged a grand total of 10 pounds. Very impressed.

HK.
Old October 21st 03, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Seroxat Mad

The staff are excellent ... apart from the arshole who cuts the grass....on
week he ****ed about doing little bits at a time he ended up cutting it a
busy friday so ended up cutting round all the pitches