French site feedback

Old October 22nd 03, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

Default French site feedback

Has anyone on the group been to either of the following 2 sites please and
if so what were they like, look ok in the sites book but then again don't
all of the nice shiny photos in the CCC Carefree book. We are considering
one of these sites for next year and Carefree are doing some competitive all
in package deals.

L'Etang des Haizes (Normandy)
Village Le Manoir de Kerlut (Brittany)

Thanks in anticipation.
Stan

Old October 22nd 03, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gray

Hi Stan
I seem to remember that there is a report on my site for
L'Etang Des Haizes
and you may find more on Ian's site www.clicreports.co.uk

Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
you don't have to be mad but it helps

"Stan Kirk" wrote in message
Has anyone on the group been to either of the following 2 sites please and
if so what were they like, look ok in the sites book but then again don't
all of the nice shiny photos in the CCC Carefree book. We are considering
one of these sites for next year and Carefree are doing some competitive

all
in package deals.

L'Etang des Haizes (Normandy)
Village Le Manoir de Kerlut (Brittany)

Thanks in anticipation.
Stan

---

Old October 22nd 03, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

Hi Stan I have a mate that went there this year (August) for two weeks he
liked it until a Caravan Rally came and all hell broke out. They were very
noisy apparently.

I can recommend a site called www.camp-france.com we went there this year
when we did the War Museums a smashing site small but made us very welcome a
British bloke runs it.

Hope this helps

Ps how is sunny Garforth these days, still raining in Wakefield

Chuck

Old October 23rd 03, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

"Chuck" wrote in message

Ps how is sunny Garforth these days, still raining in Wakefield

Chuck

When you sent this it was still lashing it down here as well, looks a bit
brighter this morning so hopefully I might get an hour or two out on the
bike this morning before coming over to spookily enough Wakefield!! to that
big training school just up the road from the college pub (if you know where
I mean)
Cheers
Stan

Old October 23rd 03, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

Thanks for your replies so far to the NG and my e-mail.
Ringing Carefree later to get the latest brochure as soon as it comes off of
the press to check how much next years prices have gone up to, but we think
we will still give one of these sites a try espescially after checking them
out via a google search yesterday.
Regards
Stan

Old October 23rd 03, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Stan Kirk" wrote in message
Has anyone on the group been to either of the following 2 sites please and
if so what were they like,

L'Etang des Haizes (Normandy)
Village Le Manoir de Kerlut (Brittany)

Thanks in anticipation.
Stan

Stan,

I have not been to either of these site but both get a very good
recommendation from members in Volume 1 of Caravan Europe, the Caravan
Club's foreign site book. If you like I will email you separately with the
full reports.

Regards.

Dave Dew.

Old October 23rd 03, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sigmund

"Stan Kirk" wrote in message
Has anyone on the group been to either of the following 2 sites please

and
if so what were they like,

L'Etang des Haizes (Normandy)

We stayed there in August. Can't say a lot about it as we were only using
it as an overnight stop and most of our visit was spent sleeping ready for a
long days drive the next day. The site was easily accessible and is about
40 minutes drive south of Cherbourg (that's why we chose it). The bar/cafe
area looked quite nice with facilities for indoor or outdoor 'dining' as the
mood and weather allows. The menu was fairly basic though, don't expect
lobster thermidor, more like crepes and bar snacks. There's a lake onsite,
about 2 acres (maybe) and you can fish there. To quote from the sign on
site "The main fish in the lake is crap" (I really hope they meant carp).
Plenty of people were fishing though, some of the pitches are on the water's
edge. There's also a swimming pool with, I think, a water chute. The site
was fairly full when we got there but they found a pitch for us and it was a
decent size, though slightly smaller than UK ones and quite awkward to get
the 'van into. Toilets/washrooms etc are ok though not glamorous. The
pitches seem to be arranged in 'pockets' so there were no serried ranks of
caravans but, as with our pitch, the nearest hookup point may mean running
your cable across the track and having the occasional vehicle drive over it.
A rally of uk caravanners was there when we stayed (Union Jacks everywhere)
but they were, and the rest of the site was, reasonably peaceful. There's a
site shop which I didn't look at but the town (village?) of La Haye du Puits
is nearby and should cater for most grocery shopping needs. As a fisherman
I'd have been happy to stay there for a while but otherwise I think I'd want
to move on after a few days. It seems that many people there were using it,
like us, as a stopover en route elsewhere.