NFU Mutual insurance

« - | - »

Old October 22nd 03, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian McFarlane

Default NFU Mutual insurance

My caravan insurance with NFU Mutual is due shortly. I have just had the
renewal notice and they want 157 GBP. last year I paid them 98 GBP. This is
without any change in the valuation of the 'van. I have a claim in progress
at the moment. I caught the top of the spoiler on the corner of the garage,
backing it into the garden. Not a major crunch but it has holed the top
corner of the spoiler, which being ABS needs replacing. Total cost just
under 1k plus VAT!!. Are they loading me up for this or have their premiums
shot up?

Ian

Old October 22nd 03, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Ian McFarlane" wrote in message
news
My caravan insurance with NFU Mutual is due shortly. I have just had the
renewal notice and they want 157 GBP. last year I paid them 98 GBP. This

is
without any change in the valuation of the 'van. I have a claim in

progress
at the moment. I caught the top of the spoiler on the corner of the

garage,
backing it into the garden. Not a major crunch but it has holed the top
corner of the spoiler, which being ABS needs replacing. Total cost just
under 1k plus VAT!!. Are they loading me up for this or have their

premiums
shot up?

Last night I bought my caravan insurence on the NFU Mutual web site, it was
approx 20 cheaper than my renewal quote with Saga.

Please reply to News Group.

Old October 22nd 03, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

I recently renewed with NFU and my premium went up by 36.00 with no claims
at all. Then I did an online quote again to find it was 3.25 cheaper, I
rang them but they could not give me a positive answer as to why. But they
did say the costs are rising by around 20%.

This is a good company to deal with and they pay out quicker than most. I
think you will find that you are being loaded around 10% but all Insurance
companies will do the same.

Best Wishes

Chuck

Old October 22nd 03, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 19:15:03 +0100, "Ian McFarlane"
wrote:

My caravan insurance with NFU Mutual is due shortly. I have just had the
renewal notice and they want 157 GBP. last year I paid them 98 GBP. This is
without any change in the valuation of the 'van. I have a claim in progress
at the moment. I caught the top of the spoiler on the corner of the garage,
backing it into the garden. Not a major crunch but it has holed the top
corner of the spoiler, which being ABS needs replacing. Total cost just
under 1k plus VAT!!. Are they loading me up for this or have their premiums
shot up?

Ian

They did go up a lot this year mine was 220 last year it was 144 but
its still about 100 cheaper than any one else. Like you I had a claim
pending at renewa,l but the renewal price seems inline with others
insured with NFU.

Lenny
Old October 26th 03, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Jones

I started with NFU last year and this year have been given a 20% no claims,
making the cost about the same. Mind you, no claims made during the year.

Old October 28th 03, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AAlexander

I insured with NFU last year for 163.30, renewal this year including a 25%
no claim bonus was 200.19, I just could not swallow that!!! AA