Thetford Aqua Rinse & Aqua Kem Blue problems

Old October 22nd 03, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pat McLoughlin

Default Thetford Aqua Rinse & Aqua Kem Blue problems

Interesting to note the reference in a current Caravan Club Magazine that
other people have been having problems with black bits in the flush water.
On our last two trips we have stopped using it and just use plain water. It
appears to have improved immensly although ther were still a few bits coming
through. Whether this is remnants accumulated over many years and will
eventually go remains to be seen.
It was stated that Thetford were loooking into the problem and would
probably be improving their product.
A few weeks ago I spotted a handy bottle of Aqua Kem Blue with a "magic"
measuring device at the top of the spout. Where according to the
instructions you gently squeeze the bottle to force the fluid into this
"magic" measuring chamber. However for this to work I had to remove the cap
and because of the viscosity or the design of the thing it was blowing
bubbles which burst and spattered all over my shirt.
I mentioned this problem to a Dealer the other day who still had some of
these bottles on sale. he said that Thetford were not issuing any more. So
beware.
I will go back to refillinging some of the their mini bottles which we find
easier to use.
Cheers,
Pat

Old October 22nd 03, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

will go back to refillinging some of the their mini bottles which we find
easier to use.

German guy had what looked like a standard Thetford set up but there was a
plastic tube from the waste tank to the outside vent. The vent contained a
charcoal filter and didn't require the use of chemical fluid in the tank. He
said he emptied it at two day intervals though, sometimes daily.
I thought they might make something similar with a fan assisted vent and he
told me there was a system available using electrolytic action. If true it
would save a fortune on chemicals.
DaveK

Old October 22nd 03, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:39:27 +0100, "Pat McLoughlin"
wrote:

Interesting to note the reference in a current Caravan Club Magazine that
other people have been having problems with black bits in the flush water.
On our last two trips we have stopped using it and just use plain water. It
appears to have improved immensly although ther were still a few bits coming
through. Whether this is remnants accumulated over many years and will
eventually go remains to be seen.
It was stated that Thetford were loooking into the problem and would
probably be improving their product.

Never had any problems but I always buy mine in Germany or Italy could
it be a different formula?

A few weeks ago I spotted a handy bottle of Aqua Kem Blue with a "magic"
measuring device at the top of the spout. Where according to the
instructions you gently squeeze the bottle to force the fluid into this
"magic" measuring chamber. However for this to work I had to remove the cap
and because of the viscosity or the design of the thing it was blowing
bubbles which burst and spattered all over my shirt.
I mentioned this problem to a Dealer the other day who still had some of
these bottles on sale. he said that Thetford were not issuing any more. So
beware.
I will go back to refillinging some of the their mini bottles which we find
easier to use.
Cheers,
Pat

Was it by any chance old stock I remember those bottles about 7 - 8
years ago I always ended up covered in the stuff.

Lenny
Old October 23rd 03, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| Interesting to note the reference in a current Caravan Club Magazine that
| other people have been having problems with black bits in the flush water.

Yes we have had that problem, and clean the flush out with Puriclean once a
year. Problem gone.

Dave F
Old October 23rd 03, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
"Pat McLoughlin" wrote in message
Interesting to note the reference in a current Caravan Club Magazine that
other people have been having problems with black bits in the flush water.
On our last two trips we have stopped using it and just use plain water.

It
appears to have improved immensly although ther were still a few bits

coming
through. Whether this is remnants accumulated over many years and will
eventually go remains to be seen.
It was stated that Thetford were loooking into the problem and would
probably be improving their product.

Pat

We have experienced the same problem on and off. I think it occurs when Aqua
Rinse is left in the tank for some time. It seems that a culture grows on
the inside of the tank and breaks away when the toilet starts to be used on
a trip away. We tend to flush through with warm water and eventually it
disappears. Important at this time of year if you are not intending to use
the van again before next season is to flush through and drain, this might
prevent it happening next year.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old October 24th 03, 06:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

We had exactly the same problem...

Looks like Thetford are going to do something about it and change their
formula.

Regards,

Paul

Old October 24th 03, 07:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:57:53 +0100, "Paul Westwell"
wrote:

| We had exactly the same problem...
|
| Looks like Thetford are going to do something about it and change their
| formula.

About time too.

--
Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(1 of 9) You can
caravan without that cable. Charge your battery before you leave, A new
Old October 24th 03, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pat McLoughlin

Thanks to you all for your comments
I phoned Truma Ltd today re replacement for Chempro SDP which as been
discontinued. This was recommended for use for sterilising Cascade Water
Heaters. They recommend Puriclean as well, as being safe to use in this
Heater.
So it looks as if Puriclean will solve the problems of both my postings.
I purchased a large container today. The instructions suggest using it at
the start and end of the season. I suppose that makes sense as it could be
growing all winter otherwise.

Cheers,
Pat

Old October 24th 03, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:05:23 +0100, "Pat McLoughlin"
wrote:

| Thanks to you all for your comments
| I phoned Truma Ltd today re replacement for Chempro SDP which as been
| discontinued. This was recommended for use for sterilising Cascade Water
| Heaters. They recommend Puriclean as well, as being safe to use in this
| Heater.
| So it looks as if Puriclean will solve the problems of both my postings.
| I purchased a large container today. The instructions suggest using it at
| the start and end of the season. I suppose that makes sense as it could be
| growing all winter otherwise.

It works, but wash out well, as instructed, especially in potable water
supplies. It tastes foul.

--
Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(2 of 9) Use gas
for as many things as possible. Make sure that the your electric