4x4 Bike rack and towing?

Old October 23rd 03, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Griffith

Default 4x4 Bike rack and towing?

We are thinking of getting a bike carrier, the type that fits over the spare
wheel of our Pajero/ Shogun. Are these OK to fit and pull the van? I notice
Halfords are doing one is it any good?

TIA

--
Remove Nospam to reply

Old October 23rd 03, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chopper

"David Griffith" wrote in message
We are thinking of getting a bike carrier, the type that fits over the

spare
wheel of our Pajero/ Shogun. Are these OK to fit and pull the van? I

notice
Halfords are doing one is it any good?

Don't know about the Halford's one, but I got mine for my Discovery from
Towsure and it is excellent. The only thing to watch is that the bikes
could, conceivably, get a bit close to the raised jockey wheel handle when
making a sharp turn.

(Duck's)

Yes, I know you're all wading in saying Towsure are cr*p, delivery times are
diabolical etc.

But....I've had nothing but good service from them and, no!, I don't work
for them.

AS

---