Honda Accord saloon

Old October 23rd 03, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BDD Blunt

Default Honda Accord saloon

Anyone got any views on this motor?

I'm thinking of the 2.0 Exec as the 2.4 seems thirsty....

Any views?

Off this weekend up to Peak District - bit parky out there though so best
wrap up warm! Anyone else out?

Cheers
Ben

Old October 23rd 03, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

"BDD Blunt" wrote in message
Anyone got any views on this motor?

I'm thinking of the 2.0 Exec as the 2.4 seems thirsty....

Any views?

Off this weekend up to Peak District - bit parky out there though so best
wrap up warm! Anyone else out?

Cheers
Ben

It's what I drive (2.0 Automatic) It's as solid as a rock, and the flexible
VTEC engine pulls very well. I tend to use the selectronic facility of the
box when caravanning . I am new to caravanning however so I can't really
compare.

Cheers Paul

Old October 23rd 03, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ben Franklin

"BDD Blunt" wrote in message
Anyone got any views on this motor?

I'm thinking of the 2.0 Exec as the 2.4 seems thirsty....

Any views?

Off this weekend up to Peak District - bit parky out there though so best
wrap up warm! Anyone else out?

Cheers
Ben

There is a review of the Honda Accord Tourer, with the diesel engine, versus
the Vauxhall Vectra Estate in this week's Autoexpress. Looking at the spec
of the diesel I should think it would be a good towcar, with plenty of
torque at low revs.

It won't be available until February/March.

Ben Franklin

Old October 23rd 03, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

BDD Blunt tried to scribble ...

Anyone got any views on this motor?

I'm thinking of the 2.0 Exec as the 2.4 seems thirsty....

Any views?

Very tractable engine, good pulling power and a fine looking car.

Off this weekend up to Peak District - bit parky out there though so
best wrap up warm! Anyone else out?

Three nights in Blackpool, from Monday onwards, then two nights in the
Lakes, going over Hard Knotts and the Wrynose passes .. without the caravan
I hasten to add .. kids want to see it ...

--
Digweed
'79 Beamish RL 250, '85 Swift Corvette,

Old October 24th 03, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Len Zatenna

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
then two nights in the
Lakes, going over Hard Knotts and the Wrynose passes .. without the

caravan
I hasten to add .. kids want to see it ...

--
Digweed

The bit between Hardknott and Wrynose passes is called "Wrynose Bottom". The
kids should get a chuckle out of that!

Len

Old October 26th 03, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frank Smith

I'm thinking of the 2.0 Exec as the 2.4 seems thirsty....

Any views?

The thing about the Accord is that it's a Honda and therefore it's
reliability is second to none. Read the Which? reports. I have the 2.0
exec and like it very much. Most of my time is spent not towing, the same
with most people I would think. It is a very nice car for not towing and
not a bad car for towing. It has the power but not low down torque I would
suggest. The vetec engine likes to be flogged and that is where it's torque
lies, up the rev range. It is a quite thirsty car I find. Mine does about
27 mpg on average but that involves a lot of local mileage which is not very
good for economy. As an all round family saloon it takes some beating.
Honest John in the Telegraph has done a quick test on the new diesel engine
and praises it highly, particularly the way in which the engine power is
delivered. As a caravanner this may be the one to go for when it arrives in
the UK.

Frank

Old November 2nd 03, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Len Zatenna tried to scribble ...

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
then two nights in the
Lakes, going over Hard Knotts and the Wrynose passes .. without the
caravan I hasten to add .. kids want to see it ...

--
Digweed

The bit between Hardknott and Wrynose passes is called "Wrynose
Bottom". The kids should get a chuckle out of that!

Len

Heheheh .. we had a great time.

We stopped at the top of Hard Knotts pass and hiked over the tops for a few
hours .. very cold, very wet, but great fun ..

The boat trip, shortly after on Windermere, was a really great 'wind - down'
for a couple of hours ..

--
Digweed

Old November 24th 03, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capitol

Wimps? I am one of the stupid idiots who has taken the family and caravan
over the Wrynose pass! By accident I would add, there was nowhere to turn
round!!
Regards
Capitol