Preparing vans for Winter storage

Old October 23rd 03, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Maddern

Default Preparing vans for Winter storage

Please can anyone point me to any info on laying up the van for Winter.
Things like

Drain water tank
Remove battery
What else?

This info is probably in the handbook but it's in the van which is stored
away from home at the moment. I have to move it to a new site Saturday hence
the question.

Storage will be outside in a compound.

Thanks

Peter
N wales

Old October 23rd 03, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:00:52 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Maddern"
wrote:

Please can anyone point me to any info on laying up the van for Winter.
Things like

Drain water tank
Remove battery
What else?

This info is probably in the handbook but it's in the van which is stored
away from home at the moment. I have to move it to a new site Saturday hence
the question.

Storage will be outside in a compound.

Peter

There's some information on my website. See
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/cara.../faqwinter.htm

Richard
(ROT13 to e-mail me directly). See
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk for most things to do with caravanning.
--
One of the reasons Computers are male: -They'll do whatever you say if you
push the right buttons.
Old October 23rd 03, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| Please can anyone point me to any info on laying up the van for Winter.
| Things like
|
| Drain water tank
| Remove battery

None of the above.
Keep it above freezing say 7.5 deg C inside.
Use it during the winter as well as in the summer.

--
Dave Fawthrop Butane v Propane.
Butane gives about 15% more cups of tea per bottle. Butane gives

Old October 26th 03, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
plutonic

Peter Maddern wrote:

Please can anyone point me to any info on laying up the van for Winter.
Things like

Drain water tank
Remove battery
What else?

This info is probably in the handbook but it's in the van which is stored
away from home at the moment. I have to move it to a new site Saturday hence
the question.

Storage will be outside in a compound.

Thanks

Peter
N wales

Silica gel packs was the advice given to a friend of mine who is
overwintering his motorcycle outside. HTH.

Kay