Sites in Venice

Old October 24th 03, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mark Beesley

Default Sites in Venice

I will be in Venice in Jan-Feb. Can anyone recommend a caravan site as near
as possible to the centre, or at least with good and quick transport links?

Old October 24th 03, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
rts
"Mark Beesley" wrote in message
I will be in Venice in Jan-Feb. Can anyone recommend a caravan site as

near
as possible to the centre, or at least with good and quick transport

links?

Mark

Without hesitation I would have recommended Camp Miramare but unfortunately
it is closed between early November and end March, otherwise it would have
been excellent for your needs. If you do a Google search for campsites near
Venice you will be amazed at the choice. Union Lido or Ca Savio could be
good choices if they are open. Miramare is a five minute walk from the
ferry. The other sites are a long road that takes you around the lagoon and
there is an excellent bus service that runs to the ferry. No doubt they run
a reduced service in winter.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old October 24th 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerry Harris

I will be in Venice in Jan-Feb. Can anyone recommend a caravan site as near
as possible to the centre, or at least with good and quick transport links?

Isn't Venice built on an island without any roads and all thee
transport by water?
Unless you have an amphibious caravan I don't think you will have any
luck.

Cheers

Old October 24th 03, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Camping Serenissima at Dolo.

Out of the water at Dapdune wharf (Guildford, river Wey) is a "Caraboat"
undergoing restoration - apparently for the last several years. Last time
I saw it the wheels had been removed. Security reasons?. I do have a photo.

Keith