Campsite in Reims

Old October 24th 03, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

Default Campsite in Reims

I seem to remember that there used to be an Airotel campsite in Reims. Has
anyone got any information on whether this campsite is still there, even if
it now operates under a different name?

--
David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old October 24th 03, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian McFarlane

"klyne" wrote in message
I seem to remember that there used to be an Airotel campsite in Reims. Has
anyone got any information on whether this campsite is still there, even

if
it now operates under a different name?

--
David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
Details of our Caravan Travels in the UK and Europe with help and advice

and
site reports

David,

I've just had a look at the 2003 FFCC guide and there is nothing listed
under Reims. In fact there are not many sites in that area. We have
overnighted at the municipal site at Guignicourt which is about 15 miles on
the Calais side of Reims, on a number of ocassions. It's an open flat site,
no hedges between pitches with a decent shower block. Have been told there
is a nice restaurant in the village but never tried it.

Ian

Old October 25th 03, 05:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
ports
"Ian McFarlane" wrote in message
I've just had a look at the 2003 FFCC guide and there is nothing listed
under Reims. In fact there are not many sites in that area. We have
overnighted at the municipal site at Guignicourt which is about 15 miles

on
the Calais side of Reims, on a number of ocassions. It's an open flat

site,
no hedges between pitches with a decent shower block. Have been told there
is a nice restaurant in the village but never tried it.

Ian

Thanks for that. I have not found anything doing an internet search either.
The site I am thinking of has obviously closed. We did once stay at Val de
Vesle which is south of Reims. I will make a note of your suggestion.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old October 25th 03, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

"klyne" pondered:
after Ian's comments.
In fact there are not many sites in that area. We have
overnighted at the municipal site at Guignicourt which is about 15 miles

on
the Calais side of Reims, on a number of ocassions. It's an open flat

site,
no hedges between pitches with a decent shower block. Have been told there
is a nice restaurant in the village but never tried it.

Ian

Thanks for that. I have not found anything doing an internet search either.
The site I am thinking of has obviously closed. We did once stay at Val de

----****----
Hi David,

I've never found anything round Reims either, so I've always stayed on
the municipal site in Laon.
It's in the CC book and is a smallish site but excellent loos etc.
Some of the pitches are a bit small and large T-A's might have a
problem, especially if the more suitable pitches are all taken. The
town of Laon with its magnificent cathedral, is well worth a visit as
are its resturants; many nice creperies.

The site can get full in the season as it's a very convenient stopping
point, so 'phone ahead to book a place. Oh, and the reception is on
a bit of a hill, so either stop at the entrance at the bottom, or pull
right through and park at the top.

Cheers, Doc.
Old October 25th 03, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
eports
"Doc" wrote in message
om...
Hi David,

I've never found anything round Reims either, so I've always stayed on
the municipal site in Laon.
It's in the CC book and is a smallish site but excellent loos etc.
Some of the pitches are a bit small and large T-A's might have a
problem, especially if the more suitable pitches are all taken. The
town of Laon with its magnificent cathedral, is well worth a visit as
are its resturants; many nice creperies.

The site can get full in the season as it's a very convenient stopping
point, so 'phone ahead to book a place. Oh, and the reception is on
a bit of a hill, so either stop at the entrance at the bottom, or pull
right through and park at the top.

Doc.

Thanks for that Doc, I might give that a try. You can see the cathedral in
the distance from the autoroute. I have been thinking about adding a section
to my web site about avoiding the motorway and I think the roads around Laon
would fit into that category.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site r

Old October 25th 03, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

We use the municipal site at Chalons-en-Champagne (sur Marne as was). Not
to far from Reims and handy for the wine route (and has a useful cafe -
pommes frites to go with our BBQ).

Also, we have found the RNs good if not in a hurry for the trip southwards;
when speed has been "of the essence" we've used the autoroutes. Tried the
route via Cambrai once, never again - too many towns/jams for reasonable
progress, but OK if you want to visit WW1 places (eg Sedan) along the route
Keith
"klyne" wrote in message

eports

Old October 28th 03, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AAlexander

Campsite in Reims was near the canal towards the industrial estate but has
been closed for at least 5 years. AA