Which VW Motorhome ? (Emphasis on Base Vehicle Reliability)

Old July 11th 03, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tim Harris

Default Which VW Motorhome ? (Emphasis on Base Vehicle Reliability)

"jambo" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

We (ME and Wife) are considering one of the VW based, Type 4, Motorhomes.

We've had a 2l Petrol Autosleeper Trident since 1998. It's done 50k
miles, and is totally and utterly brilliant. 25 - 30mpg depending on
how you thrash it, easy to drive, easy 85mph cruising (have had a ton
out of it on occasion), totally reliable, small enough to drive around
town, big enough for 2 to use for 3 week holidays on the continent, I
can't speak highly enough of it. And no, I'm not associated with VW or
Autosleeper in any way.

When this one is too knackered to drive any more, I'm planning to get
Autsleeper to build me one based on a T4 with the 2.5l petrol and
4-wheel drive.

Faults to watch out for - the seals go on the clutch slave cylinder
sometimes. Not a difficult or expensive fix, however.

Limitations : the bed is a touch narrow, but me and SWMBO aren't
exactly slimline models, and we manage fine.

Buy one. You won't regret it.
Old July 12th 03, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tim[_4_]

Tim Harris wrote:

"jambo" wrote in message
Hi All,

snip

When this one is too knackered to drive any more, I'm planning to get
Autsleeper to build me one based on a T4 with the 2.5l petrol and
4-wheel drive.

snip

I should get a new T4 now then, they are about to be supercede by T5's

Tim