Filling In Windows

Old July 13th 03, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Mayes

Default Filling In Windows

Hi Keith

How do you fancy something really stunning for a few quid.
Something that takes very little time and effort.
Something that says, "Hey Guys, I'm a really nice friendly, interesting sort
of a guy."

At its simplest

Howzabout taking a bit sheet of board and fixing it over your windows on the
outside?
If you were in the States you would paint something on the board
before you nailed it on -x- something to express your personality.
Cut your new window holes into the board -x- With a bit of thought,
you can make the new windows part of the painting. You don't even need to
glaze them because you have the glass inside.

You will end up with a nice friendly talking point.
A motorhome with attitude.

You can do the same sort of thing on the inside too.

If you hang around the right pubs, and ask the right questions, I am sure
that you will find a starving artist who will paint you mural on the board
for a few pints and a take-away.
Another route to a cheap mural is your local art college.

Dave

"KGS" . wrote in message
Tony they are already a very dark tint. What I am trying to get away from

is
the finished product will still look like a coach, I know it sounds daft

but
I want to fill some of the rear windows in and put some smaller windows in
but in a different place (if you get my drift).

Been looking today at some sheets of GRP I could use this but I would

still
have to use filler around the edges to make good but not sure over time if
it would crack again under body flex etc

Keith

--
Keith
wrote in message ...
KGS wrote:

I am thinking of buying a 1995 Mercedes 35 seater coach
to convert, and wondered what was the best way to fill in the side

windows.

Keith

How about 'blacking' them out? With suitable paint work, this could look
stunning!

---