Anyone know anything about Southport Caravan Club site?

Old October 25th 03, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

Default Anyone know anything about Southport Caravan Club site?

Subject says it all!

Please copy any replies to me off group too, if poss - problems with NTL!

Thanks

LL

Old October 26th 03, 01:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul King

"Leyland_Leopard" wrote in message
Subject says it all!

Please copy any replies to me off group too, if poss - problems with NTL!

Thanks

LL

Depending on where you live, it's either "dahn sarf" or east!

Sorry - couldn't resist!

---

Old October 26th 03, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

Depending on where you live, it's either "dahn sarf" or east!

Sorry - couldn't resist!

---

Thanks for that - but I have already printed out the directions from the
Club website!

Old October 26th 03, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Paul King" wrote in message
"Leyland_Leopard" wrote in message
Subject says it all!

Please copy any replies to me off group too, if poss - problems with

NTL!

Thanks

LL

Depending on where you live, it's either "dahn sarf" or east!

EAST???

Are you thinking of SouthEND?

Mary

Sorry - couldn't resist!

---

Old October 27th 03, 01:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul King

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Paul King" wrote in message
"Leyland_Leopard" wrote in message
Subject says it all!

Please copy any replies to me off group too, if poss - problems with

NTL!

Thanks

LL

Depending on where you live, it's either "dahn sarf" or east!

EAST???

Are you thinking of SouthEND?

Mary

Sorry - couldn't resist!

---

Ok then.... let's try "oop norf" or west?
I *ALWAYS* get Southport and Southend confused - that's why I never go
there!

Paul

---

Old October 27th 03, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
James Cheney

"Leyland_Leopard" wrote in message
Subject says it all!

I stayed there last December. Fairly typical CC site arranged in a strip
parallel with a road parallel with the sea. Facilities were good and warden
was friendly and helpful. Easy walking distance to a good sized supermarket
(think it was a Safeway) and into the town. Plenty of free pitches when I
was there.

Jim

Old October 27th 03, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Ok then.... let's try "oop norf" or west?
I *ALWAYS* get Southport and Southend confused - that's why I never go
there!

They're a long way apart. I've been to Southport to visit someone in a
caravan. I don't think I'll be going again. I've camped in our mediaeval
tent at Southend. I didn't want to go there again but we'll be going next
year, they're paying us.

Times must be 'ard in the s**th ...

Mary

Paul

---

Old October 27th 03, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Leyland_Leopard tried to scribble ...

Subject says it all!

Please copy any replies to me off group too, if poss - problems with
NTL!

Thanks

LL

Pretty cool park .. We pitch there when racing at Southport Radio Car Club
.... sometimes ...

The sewerage problem they traditionally have seems to be still there. Every
so often local water levels seem to have an adverse effect upon the level of
sewerage and effectiveness of the drains. Other than that, the site is
great and handy, though pleasantly quiet, for the town and seafront.

--
Digweed

Old October 28th 03, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Ok then.... let's try "oop norf" or west?
I *ALWAYS* get Southport and Southend confused - that's why I never go
there!

They're a long way apart. I've been to Southport to visit someone in a
caravan. I don't think I'll be going again. I've camped in our mediaeval
tent at Southend. I didn't want to go there again but we'll be going next
year, they're paying us.

Times must be 'ard in the s**th ...

Mary

Mary,
I know nothing about Southport Caravan Club Site, but I feel I must give
Southsea a mention. That is right down sarf at the southern end of
Portsmouth which has got to be the best town in England, (Oh Oh).
Went for a walk today with my spouse along the front at Southsea, sun was
shining, the tall ships were coming in and the big ferries and the
hovercraft were going out. It was glorious. Must be the best bit of
seaside in the country, there is always something going on. Bought half a
kilo of live whelks (yes I can speak two weights) in the fish market We had
a chat with some lads landing wrasse and skate from a trawler at the docks.
They seemed happy enough. There were quite a few people about but we did
not hear a voice raised in anger. It's half term here and the kids were
playing about as usual. There was a drunk in Southsea shopping centre
leaning on an old bike and singing at the top of his voice, he was no
trouble to anybody. Everybody seemed healthy and reasonably wealthy. Wise,
well I do not know. I thought to myself 'times is ard round here' :-)))
There is a Portsmouth City Council caravan site at Southsea that is only a
few yards from the beach but I don't know anything about that either as I
only live up the road and have never been inside. There you go, not a lot
of help.

Regards.

Dave Dew

Old October 28th 03, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Mary,
I know nothing about Southport Caravan Club Site,

Nor do I -

but I feel I must give
Southsea a mention. That is right down sarf at the southern end of
Portsmouth which has got to be the best town in England, (Oh Oh).

I don't know much about towns. The best CITY in England is, of course, my
native one :-)

Went for a walk today with my spouse along the front at Southsea, sun was
shining, the tall ships were coming in and the big ferries and the
hovercraft were going out. It was glorious.

Sounds delightful.

Must be the best bit of
seaside in the country, there is always something going on. Bought half a
kilo of live whelks (yes I can speak two weights)

That's only one weight! We always bought mussels not by weight but by the
pint.

in the fish market We had
a chat with some lads landing wrasse and skate from a trawler at the

docks.
They seemed happy enough. There were quite a few people about but we did
not hear a voice raised in anger. It's half term here and the kids were
playing about as usual.

That's the only downer in your story :-(

There was a drunk in Southsea shopping centre
leaning on an old bike and singing at the top of his voice, he was no
trouble to anybody. Everybody seemed healthy and reasonably wealthy.

Wise,
well I do not know. I thought to myself 'times is ard round here'

:-)))
There is a Portsmouth City Council caravan site at Southsea that is only a
few yards from the beach but I don't know anything about that either as I
only live up the road and have never been inside. There you go, not a lot
of help.

I don't need help about Southsea, they've never bribed us to stay there
:-)))))

Mary

Regards.

Dave Dew