Lincoln show

Old July 21st 03, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ken

Default Lincoln show

Just wondered if any one-else enjoyed the Lincoln show this past weekend? We
had a great time, bought lots of goodies and looked at loads of motorhomes.
We thought the evening entertainment was good. My mate actually bought his
1st motorhome after saying he wouldn't take his cheque book or be sucked
into it all. He bought a CI Carioca 5 (seems ideal for the kids). Any-one
with views on this model?

Ken

Old July 22nd 03, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Doug

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:01:20 +0000 (UTC), "ken"
wrote:

Just wondered if any one-else enjoyed the Lincoln show this past weekend? We
had a great time, bought lots of goodies and looked at loads of motorhomes.
We thought the evening entertainment was good. My mate actually bought his
1st motorhome after saying he wouldn't take his cheque book or be sucked
into it all. He bought a CI Carioca 5 (seems ideal for the kids). Any-one
with views on this model?

Ken

I Was actually there with a stand (The internet cafe in the food
court) and I have to say it was very slick. The food court had plenty
of seats and live music. The evening events were excellent and well
subscribed.
Hats off to Warners, an excellent event all round.

Doug
Old July 22nd 03, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Nomad

Good to hear a trader's point of view. We too thought it a good show, the
weather of course helped and the venue is excellent. We have already booked
for York and hoping that will also be fine and dry.
Nomad

Old July 23rd 03, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ken

I am sorry Don didn't think the show very good. But how can you say that the
entertainment was appalling. Abba gold were great, and the old rockers on
before them. I agree there wasn't much reaction from the crowd but I put
that down to the reserve of the Brits. Perhaps if they had a few beers
first!. From what I saw, most of the stalls were doing a fair trade. I
certainly spent a few bob.

Ken

Old July 26th 03, 06:54 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Stewart

I'm maybe a bit late coming into this thread, but just got home yesterday. I
enjoyed the entertainers, however the point I want to pick up is about some
people "leaving before the end". I thought that after the "Abba Group" the
show was over and the guy left on stage was doing a cool-down as opposed to
the warm-up he did at the start. Lets face it some of the people had been
waiting for several hours before the start, so I suppose they were ready to
go after the main feature.
Stewart

"Don Madge" wrote in message
om...
"Nomad" wrote in message

Good to hear a trader's point of view. We too thought it a good show,

the
weather of course helped and the venue is excellent. We have already

booked
for York and hoping that will also be fine and dry.
Nomad
"Doug" wrote in message I Was actually

there
with a stand (The internet cafe in the food
court) and I have to say it was very slick. The food court had plenty
of seats and live music. The evening events were excellent and well
subscribed.
Hats off to Warners, an excellent event all round.

Doug

I must disagree about the show. The only thing good about the weekend
was the weather.
The Saturday evening entertainment was appalling. The first act must
have had problems with their hearing aids. The ageing rock and rollers
did at least get some reaction out of the crowd but the last act was
like watching zombies on a video. Did you notice some of the crowd
leaving before the end that speaks for itself. I can't say about the
other evening entertainment because we did not attend.

The traders in the food area might have had a good show but most
traders went home sunburnt but out of pocket. One friend/trader stated
that he went home refreshed and relaxed. It was like having had a
weekend off.

As an MMM consultant I did not have to pay for the weekend. I would
not blame anybody looking for a refund after the rubbish that was put
on for the Saturday night entertainment.

Don