Fuse Holders

Old July 10th 03, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Default Fuse Holders

In article ,
says...
| I would like to replace the fuse holders currently fitted to my Swift.
| They are seperate ones at the moment, but i would like to fit a unit that
| would A: look better and B: be of good quality.
|
| Any one know where i can get?
|
| What cars have a unit with maybe a cap on I could convert???
|
| Regards
|
| Woolie

Ford boxes seem to always be fitted with some sort of cover and use
spade terminal type fuses, in a wide variety of sizes. The problem is
the cables usually seem to be rear entry. It might mean lots of jointed
cables and fitting the box on some sort of plinth to allow cable exit.

From places such as Maplin, you can get single hole fixing flush fuse
holders, where the fuse pushes into a into an end cap, this you then
screws into the holder against a spring. If you get the 1 1/4" version
of these, you can get a good range of amperage and types of fuse
cartridges. They would also be able to sell you a neat aluminium box
into which to fit the holders. This would make the fuse holders almost
flush in top of the box, with no need for a cover.

Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org