Mercedes Viano Marco Polo

Old July 28th 03, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Chris[_4_]

Default Mercedes Viano Marco Polo

Anyone have any information about this new version of the Merc camper?
I have been trying to find out if it will be sold in RHD version.
Old July 29th 03, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
HH

The M-B Europe site says the Viano Marco Polo will be available in
September - my guess is it will be at the Dusseldorf Show - and the bad news
is that the site for the Marco Polo is available in Euro languages and in
theory "International English" but didn't load the English . . so I guess
the new Marco Polo will be like the old one and the James Cook . . lhd
only.

If you or anyone finds out more about the new Marco Polo, we're certainly
interested now it has rear-wheel drive.

We have seriously wondered about a lhd several times: our van spends more
time on British roads but actually does more kilometres on the other side of
the Channel and unless I or my wife forgets, which we haven't done in 30+
years, on the right side of the road there too!

Malcolm
_______________________________________________---

Old July 29th 03, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Chris[_4_]

I was able to load the International English version and also to
download the full 26 page brochure in .pdf format.
It is due to make its public debut at the Int Caravan Salon,
Dusseldorf Aug 30-Sep 7. It says order books opened in June.
I still have not been able to find out if there will be a RHD version.
GIven that they have doubled the factory size in Spain where they are
being made it would seem odd if they ignored this section of the
market.
In the market for the first time having studied "small" campers for
some time I want to buy next year - either one of these or one of the
new VW T5 based models.

All updates on RHD availability welcomed!

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:17:04 +0000 (UTC), "HH"
wrote:

The M-B Europe site says the Viano Marco Polo will be available in
September - my guess is it will be at the Dusseldorf Show - and the bad news
is that the site for the Marco Polo is available in Euro languages and in
theory "International English" but didn't load the English . . so I guess
the new Marco Polo will be like the old one and the James Cook . . lhd
only.

If you or anyone finds out more about the new Marco Polo, we're certainly
interested now it has rear-wheel drive.

We have seriously wondered about a lhd several times: our van spends more
time on British roads but actually does more kilometres on the other side of
the Channel and unless I or my wife forgets, which we haven't done in 30+
years, on the right side of the road there too!

Malcolm
.. .