Phew, got a bit worried for a moment

Old August 6th 03, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Hardy

Default Phew, got a bit worried for a moment

Wow, never seen so many posts on this group about a particular subject.

I've come across the odd one on how to fix a Kon Tiki window catch, or how
to get a 12v fridge working again....

......where to get cheap ferry tickets........

......how to make sure one's properly licenced to drive a new 24 tonne
American gin palace.....

Just the sort of helpful and constructive stuff that we gentle camper folk
talk about amongst ourselves.

Now we are suddenly swamped with various venomous rants about speed cameras,
the Rights Of Man, etc.....

Sigh.....

Incredibly, one guy even says "I use a Road Angel Detector. It rocks and
allows me to drive how I want." Oh my God - he's actually out there, on the
roads, right now!!!

And the poor victimised pensioner from North Wales that everyone's bleating
about? A retired bank manager (photographed looking very affluent sitting
in a big leather-seated BMW/Merc/Lexus) who lied to the police saying he was
"overtaking a tractor at the time". Attempting to pervert the course of
justice, anyone?

Oh, I've just noticed the newsgroup headers - I see now where they're all
originating from. I thought it was us going crazy! Sorry!