Fitting a Radio

Old August 29th 03, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Eric Rein

Default Fitting a Radio

I recently purchased a Hymer based on a Fiat Ducato chassis that had the
radio prepartion extra included. I also bought a new JVC radio.

Behind the dash is an ISO connector that fits the radio but the connections
are different. Does anyone know if an adaptor is available or do I need to
rewire the ISO connector. Does anyone know what the connections on the Fiat
ISO connector are?

-Eric-

Old August 29th 03, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Niall

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:27:57 +0100, "Eric Rein"
wrote:

I recently purchased a Hymer based on a Fiat Ducato chassis that had the
radio prepartion extra included. I also bought a new JVC radio.

Behind the dash is an ISO connector that fits the radio but the connections
are different. Does anyone know if an adaptor is available or do I need to
rewire the ISO connector. Does anyone know what the connections on the Fiat
ISO connector are?

Halfords stocks a range of adaptors, if the one you need isn't on the
shlf there may be a phone no. or web address on the packaging for
further enquiries.
Some of them are "vehicle connector to open tails" obviously the tails
are labelled as to function so if you can find "Fiat to open tails"
the packaging will tell you what you want to know.

--
Niall
Old August 29th 03, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Helgina Koosmaen

"Eric Rein" wrote in
:

I recently purchased a Hymer based on a Fiat Ducato chassis that had
the radio prepartion extra included. I also bought a new JVC radio.

Behind the dash is an ISO connector that fits the radio but the
connections are different. Does anyone know if an adaptor is
available or do I need to rewire the ISO connector. Does anyone know
what the connections on the Fiat ISO connector are?

Ask at Halfords - they sell these kinds of fittings on the hooks next to
their 'boy racer' Car HiFi section.

Helly.