Need Talbot express radiator - urgently

Old August 29th 03, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
tigger

Default Need Talbot express radiator - urgently

Can anybody help!!

Wheres the best place to get a new/recon or s/h radiator for our diesel
camper.

Were in the SE UK or mail order.

Thanks in advance.

Tigger

Old August 30th 03, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mr Mark

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:55:53 +0100, Chris
wrote:

"tigger" wrote:

Can anybody help!!

Wheres the best place to get a new/recon or s/h radiator for our diesel
camper.

Were in the SE UK or mail order.

Thanks in advance.

Tigger

If you're desperate, you can get a secondhand one from:

W. H Travers (Van Breakers)
Coppice Hill
Bishops Waltham
Southampton
Hampshire
SO32 1AG

I don't know where exactly you live, but I live near Crystal Palace
and I have driven past a place that repairs radiators, its about 200
yards down from Selhurst Park.
Tel: 01489 892425

Old August 30th 03, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Hilary[_2_]

"Mr Mark" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:55:53 +0100, Chris
wrote:

We're down on the South coast nr Hastings. ( Tigger's my long suffering
other half - in case you wondered why I'm answering).

Thanks muchly for the reply's will check them out.

Meanwhile if anyone can think of anything nearer or mail order I'm leaning
toward a new one - I always think its too much trouble to fit an older one
and have the same problem again in the near future?? But as usual the cost
has to be considered.

)

Old September 3rd 03, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
AN6530

Subject: Need Talbot express radiator - urgently
From: "Hilary"

Easy - consult your Yellow Pages for radiator repairers and suppliers (they are
everywhere) and have your one recored.

Steve. Suffolk.
remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Old September 3rd 03, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
tigger

"AN6530" wrote in message
Easy - consult your Yellow Pages for radiator repairers and suppliers

(they are
everywhere) and have your one recored.

Dont you think wed already tried that?????

(

Old September 4th 03, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mark G Phillips

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:55:39 +0100, "tigger"
wrote:

Can anybody help!!

Wheres the best place to get a new/recon or s/h radiator for our diesel
camper.

Were in the SE UK or mail order.

Thanks in advance.

If you can't get a replacement, then you can get your original faulty
rad rebuilt. I've just had the one on the car done and it took around
a week, mainly because the radiator place was extremely busy: summer
is a good time to stress test your cooling system!!

The one we used in Milton Keynes even picks up and delivers locally
which is good, especially as once the rad is out of the vehicle, you
can't drive it to the radiator place to drop it off!

The only other suggestion are trying one of the on-line spares
websites and seing if a breaker has a rad in. They usually get back to
you quickly.
Last of all is try an ad in the local free ads papers. It might take a
while to get a response though. I don't know how urgent your need is!

Mark.

--
It may not be all the "Stuff" in the Universe that's important,
it may be the spaces in between....
Old September 5th 03, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Chris[_5_]

wrote:

Can anybody help!!

Wheres the best place to get a new/recon or s/h radiator for our diesel
camper.

Were in the SE UK or mail order.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I gave you duff info. on Van breakers W. H Travers.
Went there yesterday & they've had a big clearout.

If you're still desperate try:

Derek Findlay (Delfin Designs)
87 Merley Ways,
Wimborne, Dorset.
BH21 1QW.
Tel: 01202 840749
Old September 5th 03, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Hilary[_2_]

"Chris" wrote in message
Sorry, I gave you duff info. on Van breakers W. H Travers.
Went there yesterday & they've had a big clearout.

Not to worry we went with a new one. When we worked out the lost work hours
to go and get it a second hand one, petrol etc there wasnt much in it
really. Our mechanic neighbour got it and only charged 30 for fitting it.

Thanks anyway.

)