16 Amp connection

Old September 8th 03, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dodger

Default 16 Amp connection

The standard blue round 3 pin pin 16 amp plug (you may have seen similar
Yellow Low Voltage version on contractors power tools)
When they say 16 amp though dont expect this out of the site hook up it
is probably going to be 10 amps sometimes as low as 5 amp

Old September 9th 03, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Rich

Good morning to you all, bit new to all this, when you go to a camp site and
they say that the pitch is supplied with a 16 Amp electrical hook up what
sort of connector would it be ??

Thanks
Richard

Old September 9th 03, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Rich

Ah I have seen the yellow ones so I just need a blue version thanks very
much I will see what I can get hold of.

Richard

Old September 9th 03, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Rich

yep ok understand all that thanks very much for all the info

Richard

"David Miller" wrote in message
m...
"Rich" wrote in message

Ah I have seen the yellow ones so I just need a blue version thanks very
much I will see what I can get hold of.

Rich
Take a look in ANY caravan accessories shop (usually one at each
largish caravan dealers), or places that sell trailers like
Indespension or Towsure, or in good old Halfords - they all have them.
The "16 amp" refers to the maximum loading, like we say "13 amp" for
the square-pinned plugs in houses. Once you plug in at a site, the
amount of amps you can use depends on the site. It's often 3, 4, 10
(or very occasionally 16) amps that you can use. If you turn on too
much equipment, and take more than that, the supply trips out, and you
usually have to ask the warden to reset it.

Old September 15th 03, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Hardy

Another tip...

Plug the cable into your van's socket first, then into the site socket last.
Saves you getting electrocuted handling a (faulty) cable if the ground's
wet.