Clent Hills Romsley West Midlands

Old October 27th 03, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Brian.

Default Clent Hills Romsley West Midlands

HI,
Due to work I have to stay in the midlands approx 18 days a month.I believe
theres a camping and caravan club site here and wondered if anyone has any
opinions on this site. Any help greatly appreciated.

Old October 27th 03, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sigmund

"Brian." wrote in message
Due to work I have to stay in the midlands approx 18 days a month.I

believe
theres a camping and caravan club site here and wondered if anyone has any
opinions on this site. Any help greatly appreciated.

We stayed there one October a couple of years ago. The site itself is fine,
having all the usual C&CC facilities - I can't add much more than that
really. The site is in a quiet rural area about a mile from Romsley. The
'delights' of Halesown, Dudley and Birmingham are easily accessible.
According to the C&CC 'Big Sites' book the site is closed from 3rd November
until 27th March.

Old October 27th 03, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:24:49 -0000, "Brian."
wrote:

| HI,
| Due to work I have to stay in the midlands approx 18 days a month.I believe
| theres a camping and caravan club site here and wondered if anyone has any
| opinions on this site. Any help greatly appreciated.

grabs Your place in the Country

Kingsbury Water Park
***** Closes 31 Dec 2003 ******* Probably open all year.
Ring 01827 874101.
Flat camping
Great site. The facilities have recently been rebuilt.
No club, no restaurant, no swimming pool, Perfect ;-)

Clent Hills
********** Closes Oct 27 2003 ************
Great site. The facilities have recently been rebuilt. A bit hilly you may
need blocks of wood for the steadies.
No club, no restaurant, no swimming pool, Perfect ;-)

Cannock Chase
********** Closes Oct 27 2003 ************
Similar to Clent Hills
No club, no restaurant, no swimming pool, Perfect ;-)

Wolverley
***** Closes 3 Nov 2003 *******
Long time since I stayed there.

Not sure about next year, the number of permanently open CCC sites
increases yearly

I have been in your position. I initially chose a good suitable site,
booked in for a week. I then drove round *every* site, listed in the CCC
Big Sites Book, in the area and personally inspected each one. I always
moved from the first one chosen.

Remember that CCC and CC and most commercial sites have limits ?28ish? days
on how long you can stay. Going home at the weekend splits your stay into
small blocks. I never had to recort to moving from one site to another
every few weeks.

--
Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(3 of 9) How much
charge? 110AH=1320wattHours. Find how many watts/amps each appliance

Old October 27th 03, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

HI,
Due to work I have to stay in the midlands approx 18 days a month.I believe
theres a camping and caravan club sit

A nice site, it's the only one of the CCC sites that I have stayed on
so far that i would recommend. Mind you don't try to make a donation
to the CCC whilst you are there they will not accept it.

(remove the spam to reply)