Max towing weight

« - | - »

Old October 27th 03, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Glenn Clark

Default Max towing weight

Hi All

I want to make sure my calculations are correct here, I have a frontera
sport kerb weight 1696kg and my caravan when loaded max is 1100kg which
comes in nicely. The fronter will have 5 of us in it but I am not sure how
to check what the max weight we can have in total i.e. jeep, caravan all
loaded up.

Can anyone suggest how I should work this 1 out as I can't seem to make
sense of all the abbreviations on the chassis plate and the book is vague

Thanks

Glenn

Old October 27th 03, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Glenn Clark" wrote in message
Hi All

I want to make sure my calculations are correct here, I have a frontera
sport kerb weight 1696kg and my caravan when loaded max is 1100kg which
comes in nicely. The fronter will have 5 of us in it but I am not sure how
to check what the max weight we can have in total i.e. jeep, caravan all
loaded up.

Can anyone suggest how I should work this 1 out as I can't seem to make
sense of all the abbreviations on the chassis plate and the book is vague

Thanks

Glenn

The figure you need is the Gross Train Weight (GTW) which is loaded car +
loaded braked trailer/caravan. If it is shown on the Vin plate (and I think
it should be) it will be the largest figure. Then providing you meet all
other criteria, for example regarding max vehicle weight, max tow weight and
caravan's MTPLM you shouldn't have a problem.

BTW I will be 'gob smacked' if you have from what you say so far.

Richard

---

« - | - »