Ironbridge

Old September 27th 03, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mark[_12_]

Default Ironbridge

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good site close to
Ironbridge and the museums for a motorhome,
we're hoping to visit at half-term.

Many thanks,
Mark.

Old September 27th 03, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
oldman

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good site close to
Ironbridge and the museums for a motorhome,
we're hoping to visit at half-term.

Many thanks,
Mark.

Try C&CC site at Ebury Hill, quiet but own san esential
--
oldman

Old September 28th 03, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Helgina Koosmaen

"oldman" wrote in news:bl4u29$lg2$1
@news7.svr.pol.co.uk:

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good site close to
Ironbridge and the museums for a motorhome,
we're hoping to visit at half-term.

Many thanks,
Mark.

Try C&CC site at Ebury Hill, quiet but own san esential

I find this amusing that the C&CC (of which I am a member) still don't
provide facilities at all of their sites.

Seeing I don't have any facilities in my VW, it's one less site I'd visit
and one less set of fees to give to the C&CC direct.

Any reasons they don't provide them? For people who like it 'really
basic' perhaps?

Helgina.
Old September 28th 03, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Digweed .. \)

Helgina Koosmaen tried to scribble ...

"oldman" wrote in news:bl4u29$lg2$1
@news7.svr.pol.co.uk:

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good site close to
Ironbridge and the museums for a motorhome,
we're hoping to visit at half-term.

Many thanks,
Mark.

Try C&CC site at Ebury Hill, quiet but own san esential

I find this amusing that the C&CC (of which I am a member) still don't
provide facilities at all of their sites.

Seeing I don't have any facilities in my VW, it's one less site I'd
visit and one less set of fees to give to the C&CC direct.

Any reasons they don't provide them? For people who like it 'really
basic' perhaps?

Could it be that it's 'cos it's the CAMPING and caravanning club perhaps.

--
Digweed
'79 Beamish RL 250, '85 Swift Corvette, '88 Ford Escort 1.6 Ghia,

Old September 28th 03, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Clarke

:

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good site close to
Ironbridge and the museums for a motorhome,
we're hoping to visit at half-term.

Many thanks,
Mark.

Try C&CC site at Ebury Hill, quiet but own san esential

I find this amusing that the C&CC (of which I am a member) still don't
provide facilities at all of their sites.

Seeing I don't have any facilities in my VW, it's one less site I'd visit
and one less set of fees to give to the C&CC direct.

Any reasons they don't provide them? For people who like it 'really
basic' perhaps?

We have all the facilities we need in our MH and object to paying for
site services that we don't want or use, so we prefer the 'minimal
facilities' sites.

--
Andy Clarke

www.UKMotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website - articles, free classifieds, etc
Old September 28th 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Hilary[_2_]

"Helgina Koosmaen" wrote in message

Any reasons they don't provide them? For people who like it 'really
basic' perhaps?

We prefer them. We've got a nice shower room/ loo and rarely use the site
facilities. We go for the non loo block sites as they are cheaper and
usually tucked away in a quiet spot . All have fresh water and emptying so
thats all we need.

We are only CC members so I cant comment on the CCC sites.
They seem to be upgrading all viable sites but we find a lot of like minded
travellers.

)

Old September 28th 03, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
oldman

Andy Clarke wrote:
[...]

I agree with your sentiments, for me all the C&CC sites could be 'Own
san essential' But that is purely personal
--
oldman

Old September 29th 03, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Helgina Koosmaen

Thanks for the comments everyone - will have to dig out the bucket.

;-)

HK.
Old September 29th 03, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Hilary[_2_]

"Helgina Koosmaen" wrote in message
Thanks for the comments everyone - will have to dig out the bucket.

Oh no not the dreaded bucket!!! Have you got room for a small porta potti??
I've seen them on the smallest vans. It might give you a bit more freedom.

)

Old September 29th 03, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mike Williams

"Mark" wrote in message

can anyone recommend a good site close to
Ironbridge and the museums for a motorhome,
we're hoping to visit at half-term.

Yes. Stanmore Hall Caravan Club site. I haven't got my book handy so I'm not
sure whether or not it is a CC members only site, but you can give them a
ring on (01746) 761761. The site is in BridgeNorth and is one of the most
beautiful and well kept sites I have ever visited. It has sheltered walks, a
large lake, a shop and all the facilities that you could wish for.

Mike