Washing and ironing while long terming

Old October 5th 03, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
The Celtic Rovers

Default Washing and ironing while long terming

We (two adults, four children under 8) are about to go long-terming (not
altogether our own idea!) thro' continental Europe - starting
December/January.

We're well used to travelling six-to-a-Volvo (including occasional
overnighting in same); getting a motorhome was a carefully considered
decision, but the question of dealing with washing and ironing, especially
in winter is a problem we haven't yet resolved.

Any suggestions.

BJ et al.

Old October 5th 03, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
barjora

I presume your posting is a serious one and reply in a serious manner!!!
Most sites in Europe have adequate to superior washing facilities. Being
basically lazy I tend to wear cheesecloth clothing, however, should you need
to iron, most motorhome batteries will support travel irons. You could try
the old trick of putting flat items under the mattress(dried of course).
The other alternative is to make friends during your travels. They will no
doubt offer washing and other facilities!!!
Should you travel to a country that permits wild camping it is well worth
the odd day on an approved site to utilise their facilities.
Good luck in your travels...I am most envious !!!
(notice you are N of the Border...maybe the males can wear national dress
and cut out unnecessary smalls washing.
Regards Barbara

Old October 6th 03, 12:32 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Hilary[_2_]

"The Celtic Rovers" wrote in message

ironing!!!! Aaargghhh!!!!

We dry wet towels etc quite happily atttached to small rotary peg things (
woolworths) hooked up under a partially open awning over night. But i dont
expect it would dry well in the damp winter nights.

We usually use CC sites without facilities but if I need to do a wash load
we just make one with facilities our next port of call. The machines are
cheaper than launderette prices and usually there is handwashing and ironing
facilities as well as the usual washer, dryer and some still have the fast
spinners.

Theres nothing worse than having wet stuff all over the camper. As a bonus
I've found that while the laundry is doing I make myself comfortable with a
book and theres no one to disturb me!!

)

Old October 6th 03, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Clarke

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:15:02 +0100, The Celtic Rovers wrote:

We (two adults, four children under 8) are about to go long-terming (not
altogether our own idea!) thro' continental Europe - starting
December/January.

We're well used to travelling six-to-a-Volvo (including occasional
overnighting in same); getting a motorhome was a carefully considered
decision, but the question of dealing with washing and ironing, especially
in winter is a problem we haven't yet resolved.

There is a UK based Yahoogroup for people living or travelling long term
in their motorhomes (and those planning to do so) - try asking the

Andy Clarke

www.UKMotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website - articles, free classifieds, etc
Old October 6th 03, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
The Celtic Rovers

"barjora" wrote in message
. ..
I presume your posting is a serious one and reply in a serious manner!!!

Deadly serious :-)

We live (at least for the next three weeks) in a house with a well-shaded
north-facing garden, so we spend most of the winter with damp clothes
hanging all around the house.

(notice you are N of the Border...maybe the males can wear national dress
and cut out unnecessary smalls washing.

Alas not from North of the Border, but West of the Sea, so national dress =
emerald-green trousers? V.good for rural German campsites, but risk being
mistaken for American tourist!

BJ

Old October 10th 03, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ben

Thanks for suggesting the Yahoo group.

My girlfriend and I are seriously considering full-timing in a USRV.

Old October 10th 03, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
AH

Wish I could, spent 12 weeks in my American, in France and UK in between
houses. Now in house and have decided being "fixed" is just a serious drain
on cash compared to the way we lived in m/home.

--
Remove "the brain" to reply