Terrific news for Caravanners!.......

Old October 27th 03, 09:43 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.caravanning
mhlife

Default Terrific news for Caravanners!.......

http://www.cre.gov.uk/media/nr_arch/2003/nr031027.html

Old October 27th 03, 10:40 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.caravanning
Sigmund

"mhlife" wrote in message
http://www.cre.gov.uk/media/nr_arch/2003/nr031027.html

I'm all for treating people equally as long as they do the same to me. But
it's difficult liking people who turn up unannounced, deprive someone of the
use of their land until the police finally manage to kick them off, then
leave the place looking like a tip with the debris of their scavenging left
everywhere. I shall watch with interest the CRE's fight for travellers
rights. Will the CRE also, I wonder, be fighting to make the travelling
people accept the responsibilities that we mere 'amateur' travellers take
for granted as our social and civic duty. I shall not be holding my breath
for any early change in public attitudes. People know what they have seen,
many times, with their own eyes and no amount of hectoring, lecturing,
politically correct hyperbole or even changes in the law will convince them
that black is white. Any change in public attitude can only come about if
the travelling community changes their present mode of behaviour first.

Old October 27th 03, 10:52 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.caravanning
Diversity Isn't A Codeword For Anti-White

"mhlife" wrote in message
http://www.cre.gov.uk/media/nr_arch/2003/nr031027.html

JHAHAHAHAHAHA! I cannot believe adults can come out with such bull**** as
this.

Old October 28th 03, 01:22 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.caravanning
mhlife

wrote in message
"mhlife" wrote in message
http://www.cre.gov.uk/media/nr_arch/2003/nr031027.html

JHAHAHAHAHAHA! I cannot believe adults can come out with such bull**** as
this.

_____________

It *is* first class stuff, isn't it!?

Whatever the foibles of the 'Travellers', I very much doubt whether they
consider themselves to be an oppressed 'minority- - and, the few that I have
known personally held extremely robust views about other 'minorities, the
sort of views that would be almost guaranteed to give CRE chairman, Mr
Phillips, sleepless nights!

Travellers don't really need the CRE to fight their battles for them - they
are a sturdy breed, proud and brawny, and tend to favour traditional
non-verbal ways of resolving disputes.....

However, in the spirit of the CRE's latest pronouncement, here is an Exrxes
News Network report on the current situation.......

---

'Tensions remained high this evening at the private residence of Mr Trevor
Phillips, current occupant of the 110,00 post of head of the Commission For
Racial Equality (writes E.N.N correspondent, Ivor Gottergrudge) following a
dawn incursion onto his property by several Irish 'Traveller' families.

In a statement released through his Solicitor, 50 year old Mr Phillips
confirmed that he had woken to find a number of large twin-axle caravans
parked on his property, with numerous lorries, children, dogs, and an
astonishingly large assortment scrap metal.

"It came as a complete surprise to us", Mr Phillips commented in the
statement, "I drew back the curtains - and there they all were!, piling up
old washing machines on the lawn, and draping their washing over the
ornamental shrubs!"

Neighbours interviewed by E.N.N confirmed Mr Phillips account of the
invasion. "I was woken by the sound of angry voices", said 67 year old
retired civil servant, Edwin Humble, "There really was the devil of a fuss",
he continued, "Mr Phillips was remonstrating with several rough looking
types, telling them to get the hell off his property" "But they just
wouldn't budge" "Some of the chaps have been round asking for water" he
added.

We have been able to ascertain that the families decided to camp on Mr
Phillips property after reading about the latest CRE campaign to win legal
rights for Travellers.

Speaking exclusively to E.N.N, spokesman for the group, Mr Brendan O'
Flather told us that, after years of being harassed by police and local
authorities, they were overjoyed to learn of the CRE's involvement in their
struggle to maintain their traditional way of life, and had decided to move
onto Mr Phillips land because they felt confident that he would extend them
a warm welcome.

"But it didn't turn out loike that, at all, at all", Mr O' Flather told us
bitterly, "Instead of welcoming us as representative of an oppressed
minority group, the coloured Gentleman came flying out in a foine auld
rage - and told us to bugger off before he got the Police, so he did"

"We told the Gentleman we had nowhere to go", continued Mr O' Flather,
sadly, "But he was in no mood to listen to our grievances, Surr! - we even
offered to tarmac his driveway at cost price as we had some black stuff left
over from a job we're doing in the area, but that just seemed to make the
Gentleman even angrier"

A police spokesman confirmed that they had been called out to a disturbance
involving Mr Phillips and the Travellers, but were unable to evict the
Travellers as it was a Civil matter.

"I understand that Mr Phillips has placed the matter in the hands of his
solicitors", said Detective Chief Superintendent, Colin Snatch, "Since the
Travellers are behaving in a non threatening manner, we are not empowered to
remove them at this stage"

News of the incident appears to have spread rapidly throughout the Traveller
network - indeed, as we were preparing to leave the scene, several Ford
Transit vans arrived at the property towing large Hobby and Burstner
caravans, intent on joining their peers for a large family wedding
apparently scheduled for the weekend.

"Speaking strictly off the record", commented Chief Superintendent Snatch,
"It's all down to a lack of tolerance - live and let live, that's always
been my philosophy"

ENN 2003

Old October 28th 03, 07:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T i m

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:22:46 -0000, "mhlife"
wrote:

"Speaking strictly off the record", commented Chief Superintendent Snatch,
"It's all down to a lack of tolerance - live and let live, that's always
been my philosophy"

[T] His garden will be next then ...

T i m
Old October 28th 03, 09:54 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.caravanning
Gaz

"mhlife" wrote in message
http://www.cre.gov.uk/media/nr_arch/2003/nr031027.html

Just what we need, thieving Gypos, with a chip on their shoulder.

Gaz

Old October 28th 03, 01:08 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.caravanning
Len Zatenna

"mhlife" wrote in message

[Lots of snipping]

Surr! - we even
offered to tarmac his driveway at cost price as we had some black stuff

left
over from a job we're doing in the area, but that just seemed to make the
Gentleman even angrier"

Brill!! Absolutely priceless!! Don't care if it's true or just made up!!

ROTFLOL

Old October 28th 03, 09:26 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.caravanning
Hognoxious

"mhlife" wrote in message
'Tensions remained high this evening at the private residence of Mr Trevor
Phillips, current occupant of the 110,00 post of head of the Commission

For
Racial Equality (writes E.N.N correspondent, Ivor Gottergrudge) following

dawn incursion onto his property by several Irish 'Traveller' families.

LOL!

Only one thing could make that funnier - it being true.

Old October 30th 03, 12:25 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.caravanning
george.connelly

And I thought CRE stood for "Council for Rural England