UK Motorhome or caravan hire recommendation

Old October 17th 03, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Helder Lemos

Default UK Motorhome or caravan hire recommendation

I am on a tight family budget contemplating for 4-berth caravan or
motorhome hire for 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 12.

My vehicle has a towbar installed but I have never towed a caravan before.
In fact I am not even sure caravans can be hired.

I would prefer a motorhome (which I have driven in Europe twice before -
some minor experience!). Since we intend to move around nothing beats a
motorhome for convenience and the kids enjoy it quite a bit.
Problem is I am being quoted 500 per week (in this winter off-season),
anything which is located close or within driving range of the Essex
(Brentwood / Chelmsford area). I want a cheap miracle!

The availablity desired is for a 4/5 or perhaps even a 7 night holiday
anytime between the following days:
Saturday, 25th October -- Sunday, 2nd November

Also we have only been in the UK one year so any recommendations on which
area we should visit ?

Cheers to all
Helder Lemos

Old October 18th 03, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
HH

"Helder Lemos" wrote in message
I am on a tight family budget contemplating for 4-berth caravan or
motorhome hire for 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 12.

..........snip

The availablity desired is for a 4/5 or perhaps even a 7 night holiday
anytime between the following days:
Saturday, 25th October -- Sunday, 2nd November

Also we have only been in the UK one year so any recommendations on which
area we should visit ?

Cheers to all
Helder Lemos

It may seem expensive but this is emphatically not "winter" or "off season":
this is schools'
Half-Term holiday in many or most areas, so there are lots of people like
you with their children having some holiday before winter arrives so prices
will reflect demand as they do right across Europe during school holidays.

As to which areas . . most of the UK has a fascinating tapestry of
geographical and historical and commercial interest . . so why not work
your way round the coast of E Anglia and if you want to visit Norwich or
maybe go as far as Cambridge, you will be rewarded.

HH