Autotrail Chinook Motorhome, Any Good?

Old October 28th 03, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mr Mark

Default Autotrail Chinook Motorhome, Any Good?

Autotrail Chinook Motorhome, Any Good? I am looking to buy my first
Motorhome and I need advice. How does this model rate, as compared to
the other makes? Your opinion appreciated.

Mark
Old October 31st 03, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
David Miller

Mr Mark (spoof email address) wrote in message . ..
Autotrail Chinook Motorhome, Any Good? I am looking to buy my first
Motorhome and I need advice. How does this model rate, as compared to
the other makes? Your opinion appreciated.

Mark

Hi Mark
You're asking a broad question here, so it's difficult for people to
reply.

When I went through the same process early last year, I discovered
it's quite useful to ask in three distinct subjects:

(1) the vehicle - tell us the underlying van (eg Fiat 2.5 litre turbo,
or whatever), how old it is and mileage, plus how you intend to use
it. People with similar mechanicals can then give advice on the
reliability, economy, etc.

(2) the coachwork manufacturer - in this case Autotrail. Again, if
you tell us the age, people with Autotrails of similar vintage (not
necessarily same layout or mechanicals) can tell us what they know
about sturdiness, parts backup, customer-care, water-ingress, general
design competence, etc.

(3) Layout - this is the most personal aspect, as each owner's needs
are different. However, if you've settled on a particular layout, you
might want to tell us which it is, and we can comment on our reactions
(it might be useful to hear from someone who originally chose that
layout, but now regrets it, etc).

Hope that helps!

Dave
Old November 1st 03, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
hjeif

"Mr Mark" (spoof email address) wrote in message
Autotrail Chinook Motorhome, Any Good? I am looking to buy my first
Motorhome and I need advice. How does this model rate, as compared to
the other makes? Your opinion appreciated.

Mark

It is rubbish. You should visit a dealership and view variety of models. The
same as you would if you were going to by a house. Don't just rely on ebay
adverts and buy one. Wally

Old November 2nd 03, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Helgina Koosmaen

Mr Mark (spoof email address) wrote in
:

Autotrail Chinook Motorhome, Any Good? I am looking to buy my first
Motorhome and I need advice. How does this model rate, as compared to
the other makes? Your opinion appreciated.

Dear Mr Spoof Email address - get your backside around as many dealers as
you can and get some magazines too - better than just accepting the views
of the few and will also let you see what various motorhomes/vans look like
and give you a feel for prices and the current market for them.

HK.
Old November 3rd 03, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
David Miller

"hjeif" wrote
It is rubbish.......

Hi hjeif

Gosh. Are you willing to tell us why? Mark would know some thing(s)
to avoid, when he looks around.

Dave