The UK march agaimst Bush

Old November 14th 03, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.models.radio-control.air,uk.rec.models.radio-control.land,uk.rec.models.rail,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
djindivik

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

Hi Guys, Calm down & stop this Jingoism, I thought this was a model
aeroplane NG. Ray
wrote in message

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/

Old November 15th 03, 04:12 AM posted to uk.rec.models.radio-control.air,uk.rec.models.radio-control.land,uk.rec.models.rail,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
DN

"djindivik" wrote in message
Hi Guys, Calm down & stop this Jingoism, I thought this was a model
aeroplane NG. Ray

SNIP

Nah, can't do that mate. Gotta get *it* out of their systems, besides which
it's a free country ;-)

I'm amused by the bellicose patriots due west of Lands End continuing to
make out a case for their involvement in W W II and how everyone world wide
owes them.

It would not be to harsh to compare that mob in the USA as a bunch of used
car salesmen when it comes to making a quid/dollar. They don't give a bugger
about the consequences of their actions, just so long as someone buys (on
tick if necessary) bombs and guns and military killing machines, plus the
millions of land mines which, to this very day, cause innocent kids to lose
life or limb(s). Of course, one can then drop into the habitual cry that all
this leads to even more jobs and prosperity. And they believe this stuff put
out be the Spin Doctors. Bloody bunch of intellectual lap dogs if ever I
seen one.

This is a generalisation, as most of these threads are. I have encountered
these dandies both during peace and war time. Very good flying on a bombing
mission in the dark at 30000 plus, but near hopeless during daylight. Good
technically with their business subject, but not to clued up about anything
else. Give me a Pom any day to fly or fight with or in peace time to solve
complex new problems with. Give me British Justice ; any of you care to
stand trial in USA ? Inventiveness - where are the Barnes Wallis's across
the water ? Social problems ? Well, they have a big enough military to
absorb most of the naughty people and they are working on the drugs and
mayhem in all their Cities I'm told. TV programmes. Now there is a chance to
look into the heart of America - not exactly inspiring is it?

I can chant "go home Yank" because fortunately there are none in sight, but
I guess (there I go again with American speak) my sentiments of them as a
Nation is explicit by now.

Remember one thing Bill Shakespeare said "a rotten case abides no handling".
Bush, Blair and Howard and supporters, ought to take that quotation to
heart. Their collective case is so rotten it's already falling to pieces.

Back to the field

DN

Old November 15th 03, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.models.radio-control.air,uk.rec.models.radio-control.land,uk.rec.models.rail,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
The Natural Philosopher

DN wrote:

Remember one thing Bill Shakespeare said "a rotten case abides no handling".
Bush, Blair and Howard and supporters, ought to take that quotation to
heart. Their collective case is so rotten it's already falling to pieces.

No change there then.

Old November 16th 03, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.models.radio-control.air,uk.rec.models.radio-control.land,uk.rec.models.rail,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
Greg[_2_]

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:12:50 GMT, "DN"
wrote:

Nah, can't do that mate. Gotta get *it* out of their systems, besides which
it's a free country ;-)

Well at the moment it's free on the internet, but try and protest in
the streets and they lock you up on suspicion of being a terrorist for
the duration of the event 8-(.

Greg
Old November 18th 03, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.models.radio-control.air,uk.rec.models.radio-control.land,uk.rec.models.rail,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
Dave Hardy

Please delete uk.rec.motorcaravans from your replies.

We're a bunch of old geezers who like to talk about flower arranging and
portable potties and we're being swamped by your posts.

Humour us, please.

Old November 18th 03, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.models.radio-control.air,uk.rec.models.radio-control.land,uk.rec.models.rail,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
Pip

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:22:49 +0000 (UTC), "Dave Hardy"
wrote:

Please delete uk.rec.motorcaravans from your replies.

We're a bunch of old geezers who like to talk about flower arranging and
portable potties and we're being swamped by your posts.

Humour us, please.

Set your followups then.

--
Pip, Hairy Gfedcker. RF 900RR, Ruff and Rattly.
WS* DFWAG#0 IbW#27* DIAABTCOD#15 GP#0 EKP FUB#4 MKA+E#3
Old November 18th 03, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.models.radio-control.air,uk.rec.models.radio-control.land,uk.rec.models.rail,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
CHAP.

Less of the old Dave !

Cheers David (32, still a kid for a motorcaravaner)

Old November 19th 03, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.models.radio-control.air,uk.rec.models.radio-control.land,uk.rec.models.rail,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
Dave Hardy

I'm no Internet expert. What's a followup?

Wouldn't it be easier (and more courteous) for your end to delete us from
the list?

Old November 19th 03, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.models.radio-control.air,uk.rec.models.radio-control.land,uk.rec.models.rail,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.motorcycles
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Dave Hardy wrote:

I'm no Internet expert. What's a followup?

Wouldn't it be easier (and more courteous) for your end to delete us from
the list?

And which particular list would that be, dimwit?

Clue: there are five.

--
Trophy 1200 750SS CB400F GN250 CD200 ST70 YTC#3
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 IHABWTJ#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06