auto-trail cheyenne

Old November 29th 03, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
MARLOW51

Default auto-trail cheyenne

We have just placed an order for our first motorhome.We chose Auto-trail
cheyenne 635.
We have also ordered air con plus ladder and roof rack and the SE pack
which contains a omniventroof light/ventilator.
a) As we will be travelling in Spain and Sth France in the summer we wanted air
con.
b) As not much luggage space wanted roof rack for luggage box.
c) Omnivent to help with cooking smells ect.

Have now been advised by Auto-trail not enough room to install all three
requirementson roof.

Help which one to lose...

Old November 29th 03, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CHAP.

Lose the whole vehicle, buy a left hand drive Hymer save thousands of pounds
and get a better built camper!

Old November 29th 03, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Paul - xxx

MARLOW51 posted ...

We have just placed an order for our first motorhome.We chose
Auto-trail cheyenne 635.

Have now been advised by Auto-trail not enough room to install all
three requirementson roof.

Help which one to lose...

A bigger, better vehicle that already has those fitted maybe .. A Hymer
might do ...

--
Digweed

Old November 29th 03, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
gill107

"MARLOW51" wrote in message
We have just placed an order for our first motorhome.We chose Auto-trail
cheyenne 635.
We have also ordered air con plus ladder and roof rack and the SE pack
which contains a omniventroof light/ventilator.
a) As we will be travelling in Spain and Sth France in the summer we

wanted air
con.
b) As not much luggage space wanted roof rack for luggage box.
c) Omnivent to help with cooking smells ect.

Have now been advised by Auto-trail not enough room to install all three
requirementson roof.

Help which one to lose...

------------------------------
Hi
MMM lists 2 versions of the 635. One at 3400kg max weight with payload of
418kg and the other at 3800kg max weight with payload of 818kg.
With 418kg you haven't got a lot to spare and the 20kg+ of the habitation
aircon is a big chunk of your remaining payload after you have added up the
essentials.
We have 499kg and need all of that for 2 of us and wish we had the 22kg that
the roof aircon unit weighs!

You don't say what sort of lifestyle you will lead on your travels, whether
you intend to mainly use campsites or aires/wildcamp. If the latter then you
won't always have electricity for an aircon unit. (When on a campsite you
may not be too popular with your neighbours if running the aircon overnight)

Speaking from our own experience having bought an AutostratusEB with
habitation aircon already fitted. It is rarely used as we utilise aires
except when visiting an area without aires or when out of season and there
isn't an aire available. That is usually the time we wouldn't need aircon
anyway. We would much rather have had cab aircon fitted and in fact we had
it fitted last August. At the hot times of the year the hottest time is
during the day when we are travelling and the cab aircon is great.

I hope this helps.

Old November 30th 03, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ken

I'm envious. I have always hankered after a 635, that lovely rear bathroom.
Her who must be obeyed doesn't like the smallness of the overcab bed, so we
have just changed to a Benimar.

Ken