rear roof access ladder security

Old December 16th 03, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ken

Default rear roof access ladder security

Hi,

Am now in possession of my lovely Benimar Europe. I am a bit worried that it
is easy for any-one to climb up the roof access
ladder. Is there any-thing ready made that one could cover the lower part
with and lock it with a padlock or something? Or would I be better off
making one from plywood and then paint it?

Ken

Old December 16th 03, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Sangwin

In a message dated Tue, 16 Dec 2003, ken writes:

Am now in possession of my lovely Benimar Europe. I am a bit worried that it
is easy for any-one to climb up the roof access
ladder. Is there any-thing ready made that one could cover the lower part
with and lock it with a padlock or something? Or would I be better off
making one from plywood and then paint it?

Fiamma make such a device. Find a Fiamma stockist and look in their
catalogue.

John
--
John Sangwin

)
Old December 16th 03, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas

"John Sangwin" wrote in message
In a message dated Tue, 16 Dec 2003, ken writes:

Am now in possession of my lovely Benimar Europe. I am a bit worried that

it
is easy for any-one to climb up the roof access
ladder. Is there any-thing ready made that one could cover the lower part
with and lock it with a padlock or something? Or would I be better off
making one from plywood and then paint it?

Fiamma make such a device. Find a Fiamma stockist and look in their
catalogue.

John
--
John Sangwin

Ken,

as John says, Fiamma have been doing something in this line for a couple of
years.

to view try http://partners.fiamma.it/en/homeng.asp

select 'Fixing Line' from menu, then 'Safe Ladder'.

In my view, they are a bit lightweight and flimsy, but possibly a good
first-line deterrent.

I decided not to bother, as there's always a risk that deterring somebody
from climbing the ladder just means they'll do other damage!

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old December 17th 03, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ken

Thanks for the replies. I did look at the fiamma site and there is a ladder
thingy they sell, looks a bit flimsy though. I will make enquiries at my
local blacksmith, perhaps he may have a stout piece of aluminium, cut a slot
in it, fit a u shape piece through the back of the ladder with a long
shackled padlock.

Ken