Maximum leisure battery charge rate?

Old December 17th 03, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ben

Default Maximum leisure battery charge rate?

Does anyone recall the rule-of-thumb for the maximum charging rate (in
amps) of a bank of leisure batteries based on their total capacity (in Ah)

I appreciate this is different for Lead Acid, Carbon and Gel types, and
would like a rule for each if possible.

Regards

Ben

Old December 17th 03, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
QrizB

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:27:28 -0000, Ben wrote:

Does anyone recall the rule-of-thumb for the maximum charging rate (in
amps) of a bank of leisure batteries based on their total capacity (in Ah)

I appreciate this is different for Lead Acid, Carbon and Gel types, and
would like a rule for each if possible.

IMO c/20 if you're not going to pay too much attention, c/5 if you
watch 'em like a hawk.

--
QrizB

be fooled.