Best Places

Old December 26th 03, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
klyne

Default Best Places

Clear Day

--
"sh015a9619" wrote in message
Hi to everyone

My wife and I are thinking about buying a motorcaravan. Any advice the
group can give on the best places to buy would be appreciated. We live
close to the M25 so within this boundary or its fringe would be convenient.

--
Enfieldian

Last time I was at Cranham Caravans near the Dartford Crossing they seemed
to have a large selection of Motor Caravans but I am not in a position to
offer a recommendation as I only used their accessory shop.

By the way did you realise you are posting in Rich Text.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old December 28th 03, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Hilary[_2_]

"klyne" wrote in message
Clear Day

We looked all over the south of Uk at dealers and then went with one nearer
to home. What I noticed was that at some of the larger dealers they had
massive stock but salesmen twiddling their thumbs not dealing with
prospective buyers.

The one we use was a smaller concern but whenever we were there new stock
was arriving to replace the sold vans and every member of staff was closing
a sale. Also constant enquiries on the phone and a busy spares division and
every available room ( even the kitchen) converted to office space. Judging
by the friendly chat ( I'm nosy) most customers seemed to be back for
another purchase and part exchange of an older model.

We are on our second used camper from them and are recognised and welcomed
back ( this might be meaningless to some but I like it). I do agree with the
other poster that some people have a good experience at a dealer whilst
others dont. I'm more than happy to recommend them but you must always make
your own accessment when you are about to spend hard earned cash. They are
right on the south coast which may be too far afield for you but I've
enclosed the link anyway.

http://www.stewartmouland.co.uk/new.htm

Happy New Year.

)