st malo-portsmouth

Old October 29th 03, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
tony

Default st malo-portsmouth

anybody sailer here with pets? if so which company and are you allowed on
car deck!

Old October 29th 03, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Eric Clarke

You're not allowed on the car deck with any carrier. You take your pet at
your own risk.

Old October 30th 03, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
tony

you ARE allowed on the car deck to check your animals on certain carriers

Tony Penner
Ex Merchant Navy Engineering Officer

Old October 30th 03, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Eric Clarke

I'll stand corrected on that one but it ain't on any of the short sea
crossings unless the crew hear an animal in distress, and barking ain't, I
would have thought an old mariner would be able to access the information
direct and not have recourse to a load of amateurs like us.

Old October 30th 03, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ben Franklin

"tony" wrote in message
anybody sailer here with pets? if so which company and are you

allowed
on
car deck!

P&O make it quite clear that you are able to visit your pet on the car deck
in the company of an employee.
I can't comment about any other carrier but I would assume they do likewise.

Ben Franklin

Old October 30th 03, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Alcock

"tony" wrote in message

anybody sailer here with pets? if so which company and are you allowed on
car deck!

i am taking both of my dogs next year but it will be on the short
crossing
Dover Calais, i most certainly would not subject my dogs to 5 hours or
more stuck in the car,
especially if the crossing was a bit rough.
John

Old October 31st 03, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ben Franklin

"John Alcock" wrote in message
news:[email protected] .mailgate.org...
"tony" wrote in message

anybody sailer here with pets? if so which company and are you allowed

on
car deck!

i am taking both of my dogs next year but it will be on the short
crossing
Dover Calais, i most certainly would not subject my dogs to 5 hours or
more stuck in the car,
especially if the crossing was a bit rough.
John

I have been with my dog on the P&O Portsmouth to Cherbourg crossing on quite
a few occasions and he has been fine. I would not subject him to any
discomfort. Last time we went on the Fastcraft and there were absolutely no
problems. The crossings were smooth and just 2 1/2 hours.

Incidentally, when returning from Cherbourg in 2002 we were on the Pride of
Bilbao and on the deck with the lorries. It was very hot and I went to
speak with the Purser to express my concern. The upshot was I was allocated
a window cabin with my dog at no charge. Can't praise P&O highly enough.

Ben Franklin

Old November 2nd 03, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
tony

so you would not subject your dogs to 5 hours in the car but would travel an
extra 5 hours in the blistering heat between calais and destination, me
thinks its cooler and more comfortable for them to be on car deck through
the night
"Ben Franklin" ben dot wrote in message

"John Alcock" wrote in message
news:3b[email protected] .mailgate.org...