HELP!!, problems with my taps.

Old October 29th 03, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Camper Man

Default HELP!!, problems with my taps.

Hi,

I have a CI WILK caravan, the problem is, the tap in the kitchen doesn't
seem to work, the bathroom tap is fine, I have a submersible pump and the
taps have microswitches, when I turn the bathroom tap on and off it turns
the pump on and off, but the kitchen tap doesn't, I can here the microswitch
clicking when you open amd close the tap, any ideas what the problem could
be?

Thanks.

Simon.

to reply, please remove SPAMBUSTER from the email,

Old October 29th 03, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"The Camper Man" wrote in
:

I have a CI WILK caravan, the problem is, the tap in the kitchen
doesn't
seem to work, the bathroom tap is fine, I have a submersible pump and
the taps have microswitches, when I turn the bathroom tap on and off
it turns the pump on and off, but the kitchen tap doesn't, I can here
the microswitch clicking when you open amd close the tap, any ideas
what the problem could be?

I'd suspect either the microswitch in the kitchen tap or the wiring. To
find out which, remove the wires from the microswitch and connect them
together (you may need a short length of wire to do this. If the pump
starts up, the microswitch is dud. If the pump doesn't start, it's the
wiring.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
Old October 29th 03, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Camper Man

Thanks Geoff,

I will try that and let you know what happens.

Simon.

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
"The Camper Man" wrote in
:

Old October 30th 03, 01:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Make sure that the electrical connections are in place on the microswitch and
that when the switch operates there is a feed for the pump.

Cheers, Peter.

"kqr" wrote in message
t...
: In article , The Camper Man
: wrote.....
:
: Hi,
:
: I have a CI WILK caravan, the problem is, the tap in the kitchen doesn't
: seem to work, the bathroom tap is fine, I have a submersible pump and the
: taps have microswitches, when I turn the bathroom tap on and off it turns
: the pump on and off, but the kitchen tap doesn't, I can here the microswitch
: clicking when you open amd close the tap, any ideas what the problem could
: be?
:
: Could be the micro switch, moisture from the sink area splashing
: around the base of the tap assy - water in - corrosion - failure. I
: have sealed around all of my tap assembly's to avoid.
:
: However, before ripping everything apart, first check that you do not
: have a leak either from the filter or external attachment point. If
: you have even the slightest leak, then pressure will not hold. Also
: check for leaks on the inside of the housing under the seat or
: wherever yours is. That can cause it as well.
:
: I had exactly the same problem and it was caused by a broken 'bayonet'
: clip which holds the pump attachment to the housing on the van. It
: didn't hold too well and consequently water leaked everytime back
: pressure was felt.
:
: Are you bleeding the system correctly? Is there a leak anywhere? If
: you do not find a leak then change the micro but if that don't cure it
: first go then there is a leak somewhere.
:
: HTH

Old October 31st 03, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Camper Man

Hi,

it was a dirty contact on the micro switch, I cleaned it and it is now OK,
thanks for the advice.

Simon