leak in roof help need quick!

Old January 7th 04, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
chris

Default leak in roof help need quick!

Ive got an Eldiss motorhome and where the overhead cab joins the rest
of the body is leaking and dripping water along the join. Ive gone
over it three times with sylglass tape but its still getting in. I
need to do a proper repair this time. What do I need and what do I
do? Thanks for any help.
Old January 8th 04, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SH[_2_]

Careful Tone
It may be on a Ducato base - perhaps it should be put through your B&Q
chipper first.

"Tone" wrote in message
s.com...
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 09:27:55 +0000, chris
wrote:

Ive got an Eldiss motorhome and where the overhead cab joins the rest
of the body is leaking and dripping water along the join. Ive gone
over it three times with sylglass tape but its still getting in. I
need to do a proper repair this time. What do I need and what do I
do? Thanks for any help.

Id recommend something like Sikkaflex if the gap isnt too big ??

Old January 8th 04, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

wrote:

Ive got an Eldiss motorhome and where the overhead cab joins

the rest
of the body is leaking and dripping water along the join.

Ive gone
over it three times with sylglass tape but its still getting

in. I
need to do a proper repair this time. What do I need and

what do I
do? Thanks for any help.

Id recommend something like Sikkaflex if the gap isnt too big

??

Careful Tone
It may be on a Ducato base - perhaps it should be put through

your B&Q
chipper first.

Is there something wrong with the Ducato base or am I
misinterpreting this post? I'm thinking of buying one shortly and
would be grateful for info on any "Known faults" specific to this
model. I have my eye on a 1990 AS "Talisman" Coachbuilt
Regards,
Steve
"

Old January 8th 04, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SH[_2_]

No problems with the Ducato squire - just responding to Tones amusing?? quip
in the e/mail thread on Chipping the Ducato 2.0jtd.
I think Tone may have an opinion on them but I suspect that it's not based
on fact & ownership.
I am now on my third Ducato based motorhome & I recon that they are good
value for money.
On the particular model you are looking at there may be an issue with slack
/ loose gear linkage but that's easily fixed.

Old January 9th 04, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
chris

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:12:57 -0000, "Kalvin"
wrote:

I used a fish tank repair kit 3 yrs ago still holding
good luck.
kalvin

"chris" wrote in message
.. .

Ive got an Eldiss motorhome and where the overhead cab joins the rest
of the body is leaking and dripping water along the join. Ive gone
over it three times with sylglass tape but its still getting in. I
need to do a proper repair this time. What do I need and what do I
do? Thanks for any help.

Thanks for all your help