Sites On South of France?

Old January 8th 04, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
AH

Default Sites On South of France?

A friend of mine is looking for a really nice site that is very close to the
beach in South of France for most of August, it must take dogs and hopefully
the beach to allow access for dogs as well.

Thanks in anticipation

--
Remove "THE BRAIN" to reply

Old January 8th 04, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
klyne

--
"AH" wrote in message
A friend of mine is looking for a really nice site that is very close to

the
beach in South of France for most of August, it must take dogs and

hopefully
the beach to allow access for dogs as well.

AH

From my experience of the South of France very few of the popular beaches
allow dogs in the main holiday season, the same applies to some, if not all,
campsites. Your friend might be better looking at the South West as the
beaches consist of mile after miles of almost deserted golden sands. If you
have a look at my web site there are several site reports on campsites with
direct access to the Mediterranean and it might be worth contacting the
sites direct to see whether dogs are allowed both on site and on the beach.
Another point worth mentioning to your friend is that sites near beaches
generally have very little shade and it is usually very hot in August so
perhaps not the most comfortable place for our four legged friends?

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old January 9th 04, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Alcock

"AH" wrote in message

A friend of mine is looking for a really nice site that is very close to the
beach in South of France for most of August, it must take dogs and hopefully
the beach to allow access for dogs as well.

Thanks in anticipation

most sites in the south westtake dogs but i think all beaches are
restricted in the main season cirtainly the beach at Narbonne is