Holland in May

Old January 12th 04, 04:34 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
andy

Default Holland in May

Hi,

We (myself, wife and 3 y/o girl) are going to Holland in May for a week.
The ferry is booked, but nothing else so far.

We haven't been to Holland before, and are looking for suggestions.
Areas, campsites, attractions worth seeing etc. We like the usual family
things, fresh air, days out, activities, sight seeing etc. We'd rather
stay put in one place rather than tour (we're only there for a week).

May is at the end of the flower season, so we'll see that.

If anybody else has been to Holland on holiday, I'd be interested to
hear from them.
--
Andy
Old January 12th 04, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
john

Hi Andy
Valkenburg and surrounding area is nice, its the only place in
holland with hills. nearby is the three land point holland germany belgium.
and not far away is maastricht, this is a nice town to visit. I live in
holland and have been to most places this area for me is the best. about 1hr
drive from maastricht brings you in the middle of the ardennes in belgium
this beats holland anyday. we travel their nearly every weekend in the
summer. their is a camping in valkenburg at the top of the hill. ten min
walk to the center. its called europa camping.
need anymore info let me know.
all the best John

"andy" schreef in bericht

Old January 12th 04, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
andy

In message , john
muttered:
Valkenburg and surrounding area is nice, its the only place in
holland with hills. nearby is the three land point holland germany belgium.
and not far away is maastricht, this is a nice town to visit. I live in
holland and have been to most places this area for me is the best. about 1hr
drive from maastricht brings you in the middle of the ardennes in belgium
this beats holland anyday. we travel their nearly every weekend in the
summer. their is a camping in valkenburg at the top of the hill. ten min
walk to the center. its called europa camping.
need anymore info let me know.

Thanks for your response. We're gathering info and recommendations, and
will decide exactly where to go when we've got more research under our
belt. What you've said mirrors the views of some of the others I've
spoken to.

Thanks again!

--
Andy